Chapter 9

Chapter 9
~M

___SOPHIA___

I change into the outfit laid out by Mrs. Grey. Long sleeve white button up shirt, it's the heavy materiel kind. With light colored jean shorts and a pair of black Toms.

I leave my wet hair to dry naturally, then there is a knock on the bathroom door. "Sophia 1 more minute." Jason says from the other side of the door.

I roll my eyes and walk out the bath room door. "You realize this isn't how normal little boys act," I say and he shrugs.

"Who cares," he says and I follow him as he leads me out the door. We turn right and go down a long hallway with rug floors. There are doors along the wall, this was probably the bed rooms of the unmated pack members.

We walk down a flight if stairs and into a living room. It was huge with 4 couches and 2 love seats, 3 flat screen TVs and and pack members lying about. The walls are brown with red furniture and wooden floors.

I can feel their gaze on me as we pass them and I try my hardest to ignore it.
I'm still a rogue so a part of me wants to snap at them and say 'who are you looking at dog breath,' but I hold it in.

We walk past several more HUGE rooms that were just lounge areas for the pack. Jason says that it's one of the largest packs in America. So they need a lot of space for their unmated members. Female and male.

Then we walk into a kitchen, which is the size of a kitchen at a professional restaurant. With white tile floors and wooden counters and cabinets. It's a off yellow color with only a few people on side.

We stop in the kitchen and Jason goes to get me some breakfast. Well more like dinner. I wait for him by the main entrance.

As I wait a group of giggling girls begin to enter unaware of me. I watch them silently as they continue to laugh and make jokes on their way to the refrigerator.

One glances my way and gasps, "Luna?" She says and they bow their head at me and stop everything they were doing. I look at one of girl that's about my age.

"You don't have to do that. It's an old fashioned reference," I say with a small smile and the girl looks up at me with a hateful expression.

It surprises me a little but I'm used to the look so I don't show the surprise on my face.

"It's the way we show respect to those above us," she says, I think I might have offended her. Or maybe she just hates rogues.
I nod my head slowly, "but the only person above you is the Alpha, everyone else is equal. If people try to higher themselves it would only separate the pack and cause tension. I am your equal. As you are mine, after all." I say and they stay silent. Not agreeing or arguing with my statement.

Jason pops his head up, "Hurry up Sophia your so slow," he says and hands me a granola bar.

"Oh shut it brainiac," I say and follow him out the back door.

"You okay?" He asks referring to the girls in the kitchen.

"Yea I'm fine. I don't think they like me much but that doesn't matter." I say with a shrug.

"It's not that they don't like you, it's probably that you didn't accept their sign of respect so they think you don't want to be part of the pack. Which means you might leave Luke." He explains.

"So? I mean that's my choice to make," I say pouting and taking a bite out of my bar.

"Well no pack wants to see their Alpha get hurt, and Luna's make the pack stronger," he says and leads the way past the house.
We walk past a row of clothes set out on the porch steps for anyone returning from a run.

"But Luna's make the Aloha weaker, everyone knows that," I counter back. I feel like we're just debating the thoughts of Alpha and Luna position.

"But a stronger pack is better even with a weaker Alpha, because they have 2 valuable things to protect. Their Luna and Alpha," He says and ends the conversation as I finish my granola bar. I guess he does have a point.

"So where you wanna go?" I ask changing the subject, also noticing a soccer ball in his hands.

"The soccer field. It's really big and a lot of fun to practice in," he says and walks me through a path leading to the outside of a small neighborhood.

We walk a dirt path till we reach a fairly sized field with two soccer goals on either end. There aren't really any white lines except for the out side rim. The grass of the field is cut and well kept.

"It's not bad." I says and start to walk towards it. However I stop and turn realizing Jason isn't walking with me.

"You comin'?" I ask and he shakes his head and stares at the field.
I follow his gaze and look back at the field.
There are a group of children about Jason's age spread out on the field, "Maybe tomorrow," he says and starts to walk away.

I remember him saying that he didn't want to make friends because they scared him.

Well not today.
But I grab him by the collar of this T-shirt and walk up next the the field.

"Hey!" I shout and get the kids attentions. There is about 11 or 12 of them.
"Do you mind if we join you," I shout and walk further onto the field. While Jason slaps a hand on his forehead in embarrassment.

They look from person to person not sure of what to say, "um, Jason can but.." One kids says staring at the ground. I raise my eyebrows do they have something against Rogues?
'Well of course they do! All packs do!'
my wolf shouts and I sigh inwards

"But your the future Luna." One girl says taking me completely off guard. I expected a different answer. She looks about 10 years old with her blonde hair tied back and looks a little sad.

Good news travels fast I guess. (Sarcasm)

"So?" I asks a little confused. Is there a rule of some kind.
"The Luna never gets dirty. Or gets hurt," the girl says looking at the field with mud spots throughout it.
And soccer is not a 'no one gets hurt' sport.

"Actually I'm not Luna till Luke is Alpha. You know what the means?" I ask.

"What?" the other boys says ease dropping on our conversation. And a small smile broke out on my face.
"The rules don't apply to me," I say as my smile grows.

"I would be honored to play with suck amazing young wolves," I say and bow dramatically.

"I call the Luna on my team," one shouts.
"Then I call Jason on mine," says another and Jason smiles up at me.

"May the best wolf win," he says out stretching his hand. I shake it and smirked down at him.

"Your on," I reply and we run to our side of the soccer field.

----
Picture of Luke ^^^

Please comment or vote

If you have any advise I would love to hear it!