Chapter 10

Chapter 10

~M

Jason and I ended up being goalies for the different teams.

Red- My team color

Blue- Jason's team color

And to my surprise the kids weren't to bad. They even got some peoples attention and by mid game there was a small crowd.

Even though they were about 9 to 11 years old they were really into the game and going for it.

One of the Blue players tried to kick into the goal. But I jumped for it and caught it in my hands and landed in a pile of mud.

I got up and the blonde girl looks at my outfit. My white shirt it now brown and my legs are covered in grass and dirt along with my shorts.

She looks up at me worried, "will you get in trouble?" She asks I glance down at my appearance. A few cuts and mud all over. I smirk back at her. "I won't tell if you won't," I said.

I throw the ball back in and the game continued.

After about two hours it's near the end of the game and the Reds have the ball.

The crowd are now cheering the kids names or the colors of their jerseys.
It's early sunset.

A Red passes it to another teammate who runs with it to the Blues side. She passes it to another Red but a Blue intercepts it. And he runs down to the Red's side. My side.

A Red tries to take it back but slips in the mud and his cleats cut the Blue's leg and trips him. The cut gushes out blood like you wouldn't believe. The boy with the cut leg does a summersault over the ball and lands on his back with a thump.

The crowd sucks in a sharp breath in unison. "Oh that had to hurt," a guys says from the crowd. "That's going to leave a scar," a woman says and I look through the crowed a couple moms but none of them seem to be his.

"Oh crap," I mutter and run over to him. "time out!" I yell and all the kids come running over.

The boy is not crying but you can see the pain in his face. He probably got the wind knocked out of him. The kids crowd around him.
"Give him space," I say gently. Trying not to make it a big deal, and they back up to their separate sides.

The boy is probably the same age has Jason but taller. He has black hair and a small scar on his nose that is very distinct. His skin is a rich brown and he has big Brown eyes.

I help him sit up as he coughs. Yeah, he got the wind knocked out of him.

"You alright," I ask rubbing his back.
He nods but his face is drained of color. Like he's about to vomit. I look down at his leg, it's pretty bad.
There's three long gashes about 6 inches each and a lot of blood. "Jason get me a water bottle." I shout and he runs over to the cooler one of the moms brought earlier in the game.

"From 1 to 10 how bad does it hurt," he looks up at me and mumbles, "6."

A normal kid would have said 8 or 9. Jason would have been a smart ass and said 25.

Jason comes over with three bottles of water. "Alright so it doesn't hurt that bad. Good," I say. Mostly to myself and I move in front of him.

"Can you put your knees up for me?" I ask and he does slowly. I rip my shirt sleeve off and open on of the water bottles.

"So what's your name?" I ask and pour water on the cut. He yelps in pain but Jason keeps his arms down.

"Gonna answer my question?" I ask and he looks up at me as I clean off the blood running down his leg with the ripped sleeve. Not touching the wound yet.