Chapter 26

Chapter 26
~M

I pull his gaze away from the pictures scattered across the table. He can't keep looking at them. He can't keep holding onto them reminding himself of what he couldn't have controlled.

I press my hands to his cheeks and force him to look at me as I place myself between his legs.

"What do you need me to do?" I ask, gazing into him. Seeing the helplessness and despair that sends shocks through my heart and puts my stomach in painful whirls.

"Name anything," I continue after he doesn't respond. He looks up at me but doesn't speak and it tugs at me that I can't hear his voice.

"Please anything," I beg with a crack in my voice. I hang my head on his shoulder feeling defeated by the depression.

He begins to move his hands to my hair. I jerk my head up in response to his movement. I put my hands on either side of his shoulders and hold his stare.
"Anything," I repeat barely above a whisper.

He brushes my cheek and gently holds my neck. He seems so desperate for contact yet he's being too cautious and too gentle.

"Distract me," he states and slowly leans in and presses his lips to mine.

He doesn't have to say it twice. I straddle him, as he leans back on the couch. I place my elbows on the back of the couch, leaning in and putting my lips to his neck and kiss it gently.
He closes his eyes and let's me roam over his body. I pause for a moment and look up at him at his distant eyes and kiss him on the lips one more time before pulling away.

"You don't want this now," I say and run my fingers through his hair in a circular pattern, "not now."

That's when we hear the sound of glass breaking, along with commotion outside, and we immediately stand up waking towards the front door. The windows next to the door were broken in by several rock, both exchanging confused glances we open the door.

Standing before us was a majority of the pack stretching out before the house that his family owns away from the pack towards the edge of the territory. Ironically close to where I met Jason.
We emerge from the house and approach the flustered looking crowd.

"What's wrong? What's the matter?" Luke called out and a man from the crowd emerged.

"We want you out of here," he says, his bloodshot blue eyes barely look familiar and I can't quite place it. I push that back as I recall what he said.

"What?" Luke says.

"You job was to protect us!" A woman called from the crowd, which was followed by shouts of agreement.

"You failed you job. We want a better Alpha!" Another shouts.

And my heart thumps against my chest. Do they know what they are saying? Do they know how badly the are hurting their Alpha right now?

I nails duh into him as the crowd shouts their complaints, one after the other.
I  needed to hold the anger in and I was trying desperately

"While I was morning over the death of my family. The Alpha was fucking his mate! My mate is gone because of you!!" The tension rises

"No it's no!-" he tries

"You and your bitch should renounce your tittles," at this Luke snaps at

Luke growls and charges at the man all his pent up anger boiling over. All the nights he hasn't slept all the meetings he has been through with different Alphas, he can't take it anymore. But luckily I jump in front of him and wrap my arms his neck. The crowd goes silent and Luke stands still breathing heavily as I hang onto him.

"Shhhhh," I coo in his ear. "Your alright," I say and I hold him tightly. He slowly wraps his arms around my waist as I continue to soothe him.

"Shhh. Everything is fine now," I say and he nuzzles his head in my neck.

I losses my grip on his neck so I can turn to the crowd. They are all still silent just watching. I glare at them with disappointment clear in my features.

"You're pathetic," I say to the man as Luke still hold onto me. That's when t hits me, he is the Beta's father, his son died trying to tell us of the attack.

"Do you really think that Luke doesn't feel the pain you feel? In fact he has it worse. Because he knows that his one job as Alpha was to keep his pack safe. And then this happened. He carries the weight of every wolf lost. He memorized their name and how the died. It haunts him in his sleep. So no, we're not fucking the whole night through. We're trying to give what little strength we have to the other." I shake my head and look around the crowd.

"I always assumed that the pack would be encouraging the Alpha, trying to help one another. Not tear everything apart. Your pathetic," I say and feel the wet drops on my collarbone.

I rush both of us back inside the main house. There is still so much reconstruction but since there not gonna help then

***********************^
Oh snap you tell him

And sorry for the delay I had bad writers block so now I'm trying to push through it.

Vote

Comment