Chapyer 25

Chapter 25
~M

Chapter
~M

Sophia

Nat nostrils flare in anger and he grips the steering wheel till his knuckles turn white and pressed the gas pedal with his foot going 100 mph.
I grip his shoulder making him jump, and glare over at me. I don't take offense and instead I smile up at him.

"I think I should drive," I say and he furies his eyebrows at me. "So when you see Jasmine she won't yell at you for speeding, because you will see her soon and she will be there to yell at you," I say and he slows down on the empty road.

"I promise," I mumble, he pulls the car over and gets out to walk around to the back. I jump into the drivers seat.

I glance over at Luke who still has the Phone pressed to his ear, but he is not longer barking orders and commands. Instead he is studying me silently as I buckle into the seat.

I look back up at him as he takes me in, every inch of me in this moment is being engraved into his brain. Like he won't ever see me again.
I reach over and grab his hand intertwining our fingers, then turning his hand over to kiss it.

Once Nat is in I press on the gas and try to get to the pack as fast as I can.

I keep thinking about everyone I had meet in the pack, how they have all changed me and helped me through this.

I was a random rogue turned Luna in a matter of days and they accepted me with no questions asked. I could have found a better home.

But now my home is being destroyed.

When the long drive was finally over every one burst from the car, and ran to the pack house.
The entire area seems empty and we don't see anyone as we pass by the town.

However, once inside- "oh my god," I breath and I feel goosebumps go up and down my skin.

Bodies liter the floor. Some lying atop of other, some seemed to be killed while crawling away. However there were many people alive sobbing and screaming around their dead loved ones.

"Jasmine?!" Nat shouted as she comes running down the hall and into his arms.

"Are you hurt?" He asks examining her every inch.

"No babe, I'm not." She says gently trying to reassure him.

"But the blood-" he says referring to her red soaked shirt and the smears of blood across her face.

"It's not mine," she says then slowly breaks into a sob, "it's not mine, none of it is,"

"Jasmine," I begin softly not wanting to interrupt their moment but need to know what happened.

She looks up and my but doesn't remove her self from Nat's hold.
"What happened exactly?" I ask and before she could find her words someone interrupted her.

"It was during patrol switch," a familiar voice says. I snap my head in his direction. His dark hair Ruffles and blood stains on his pants in forms of fingers shaped wipes.
I try to ignore it.

"Oliver," I breath a sigh of relief, I run up and give him a big hug.

"Hey," he replies squeezing me back as we hug.

"Oliver," Luke says but his tone holds no relief, but isn't anger. His voice is laced with authority. "What happened?" He asks apparently the people on the phone didn't give him enough information.

"It was Death's Daylight. Apparently they have been waiting for years to take down our pack." He states and I cringe at the name of that pack. I swiftly move back to Luke's side once I see his fist tighten and eye brows burrow together.

"They first attached the pack house then attempted the houses, but didn't get far. Your warriors fought bravely and made the Death's Daylight retreat. After the attack we called you but you had already got the message. So as instructed we got the rest of the pack to stay in their homes and Lock their doors. However, some didn't listen, they wanted to see if their loved one is alive and that's where this mess happened," he says and gestures towards the few people weeping over dead bodies.

"And my family?" Luke asked with again no emotion except authority in his voice.

Oliver pauses for a moment, as if debating whether to tell him or not.

"Oliver, please," I was practically begging, I need to know too.
I need to know if that woman who appeared in my pack was still able to smile like she did when she saw me again.
I need to know if the Alpha, that didn't say more than 2 dozen words to me yet I craved his approval, was still following and pleasing his wife like a lost puppy. This strong Alpha so weak for this one woman was amazing and had given me the one thing I ever desired in a pack. Acceptance.
Jason. The boy who brought me here. He started this whole thing. I wouldn't have met Luke or ever come to be so happy. I knew Luke felt the same knock in his stomach. I knew the knot would never go away.

Oliver gave us a hard look.

"Your Father is dead. Your mother and brother are just a little scrapped up." He pauses again and with sad eyes says, "you should thank you Beta for fighting to keep your family alive, but he was just out numbered,"

And I latch onto Luke, "Cameron, he didn't make it," I say and look towards the car.

"Alright," Luke says and I feel one of his arms grip tightly around my waist.

"Oliver, you have just been promoted to Beta. This position will be tiering and take a lot of overtime. I hope your mate doesn't mind," Luke says and I glance at Nat.

He is the third in command he should get promoted, then I see Nat take a breath of relief and snuggling into Jasmine's arms.

Then I get it, he doesn't want to be taken away from his mate constantly.

"I don't have a Mate sir, and thank you for the position," Oliver says and sounding less stressed than I know he feels.

"I need you to run several errands," Luke says to Oliver but first turns to Nat.

"Nat your on guarding duty today. Go around to the homes and check on everyone. I want a head count, if people ask what has happened tell them the truth and to stay in their homes until patrol has personally come to them saying they can leave." Luke commands and Nat simple nods his head and picks a still shaken Jasmine up bridal style then walks out.

*******

Thanks for reading!!!