Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~M

Lukas wraps his arm around my waist pulling my to his chest and the Alpha doesn't look me in the eyes. Martha tries her hardest not to cry but she can't help it as the tears roll down her face.

The Alpha hugs her and gently rubs her back soothing her. "I think that, we should continue this another time." He says looking over at Lukas who nods his head.

"Another time," he agrees and escorts me out of the room. I follow behind him in my own thoughts.

It's been so long, I can't believe that fate has brought me to this place, this pack. Should I stay? My mother became very sad in her last years. She would train me relentlessly some days but others she would walk with me out into a field of flowers and tell me stories about her love for father.

It sounded amazing, and whenever I said I wished my Mate would be like that. She would lash out at me. I now realize that it was because she was jealous. She missed my Father so much. She loved him so much. It must have broken her to be without him.

I was so deep in thought that I ran smack into Luke when he stopped in front of his room. "Oh sorry," I say rubbing my nose. I look up at him and he avoids my eye.

It hurts me, and my wolf whimpers and cries out for his attention.

Was he ashamed of me? Or scared of me? I started to get mad at those thoughts.

See this is why I don't need a Mate they won't hold up. They all either die and leave you or pull you on a string. I don't want that. I don't need that. I don't need anyone. It's me, myself and I. It's always has been and I like it like that.

I stomp my way over the the bed and stand in front of it mumbling to myself about how annoying mates were. "Sophia," he says softly.

I snap my head around angered by my own thoughts. I am about to yell at him when he kisses me.

Not a rough kiss, it's soft, almost a peck. It's so gentle and smooth. He doesn't force it or make it hot. It's caring and calming.

I sit on the edge of the bed. And he places his hands on either side of me.

He breaks the kiss and places his forehead on mine.

"How old were you?" He asks. He sounded so desperate, almost like he was hurt. I don't respond for a moment. Debating in my head wether or not to tell him.

"Seven," I mutter looking down at my hands. He let's out a heavy sigh and sags his head down so his forehead is on my shoulder. He stands up leaving me with this cold feeling. I want to reach out to him, not having him near me gives me an empty feeling.

His hand runs down his face and he looks me in the eyes for the first time since we got back from the Alpha's room.

"Oh God. You were so young," he says and leans back over me.

"I'm so sorry," he says and I'm surprised by his sudden apology. He didn't seen like the type to say sorry or that he was wrong.

"For what?" I ask a little bewildered. He looks at me as if I was so fragile so delicate, "for not being there for you," he mutters.

"You couldn't have been Luke you didn't even know me. You couldn't have done anything," I say and brush my fingers through his sun kissed hair. It was so soft.

"I'm not the child I was," I continue, "I have grown up. I am a different person. It's not some painful memory that I hate to look back on. It's a memory that helped define me," I say and wrap my arm around his neck.

"Your so strong," he says with a smirk and my cheeks start to warm slightly turning pink. All I can do is nod and mumble a 'thank you'.

He scoops my whole body up and lays me on the bed. He lays next to me getting the sheets around us. I'm to tired to protest. Plus I don't know if I even want to leave now. It's all so confusing, my mother warned me about trusting people but she would always tell me how amazing it was with my father. She was honestly a hypocrite.

There is a short pause before he breaks the silence, "The tattoo on your ankle," he pauses and we both look down at my black and white Dragon tattoo with a lock around it's neck. "Your father had a similar one," he finishes.

I nod my head conforming his guess. Maybe his mom told him a little about your pack.

"Why does it have a lock on it's neck," he asks and I roll over to face him. It's actually a very old reason that dates back to ancient China. My Mother loved history so Dad would always try and find things about China and Egypt to make mom happy.

"It's because the dragon believes that it is chained. Chained to the earth while all the other dragons are in the sky." I explain with a yawn.

He wraps his arm around my waist pulling me in closer to him. I don't have the energy to push him away. I actually honestly don't want to, he is so warm, I just nuzzle close to him. "What can unchain the dragon?" He asks sounding just has tired as I was.

I yawn again, "a key, but you have to have the right key. Or the dragon can't be unchained," I say joking and start to doze off asleep.

"So it seems I must find a key," Luke says as I close my eyes. "Well I will do anything for my Mate," he finishes and kisses my cheek.

-------

Please comment and vote