Chapter 22

PICK OF NOAH

Chapter 22
~M

Luke

"Noah, it's been too long," she says and as he places her down.

I look from her to him and back again. I stare at his hands on her waist and I try to hold back a growl, but looking at the two of them made me so angry. She is mine, my love and my Luna yet this Alpha thinks its okay to have his hands all over what I worship.

For a moment I lose control and a deep, menacing growl erupts within me and the two both freeze in front of me.

Sophia turns to be to see just how angry I am and if she would even be able to help, but Alpha Noah is the first to speak.

"Alpha Lucas," Noah says more like a question than a statement. He notices my stare burning onto his hands as they are places on Sophia's hip.
Then Noah's eyes widen lightly and his mouth parts in an "o" shape.

"Luke...?" Sophia moves out of Noah's hold and towards me with cautious steps.
She stands in front of me and presses her hands to my face forcing me to look at her and away from Noah. Trying to control my wolf, who wanted nothing more than to tear off his skin for touching her. My Sophia.

"He was like a father to me," is all she says at first. Waiting for me to calm down further, as I try to retract my canines.

"It's not like that-it never was like that. I promise," she says and I stare into her crystal blue orbs.

She gently brushes my checks hoping her touch would calm me and it does. "I didn't mean to growl- I just kind of lost it," I try  and explain knowing she doesn't like being looked at as a possession but I'm the possessive type.

She smiles up at me, happy that I apologized and kisses me briefly.

"Sophia," alpha Noah calls, she turns and he smiles at her. "I'm very happy you found your mate. Now I don't have to keep worrying about you."

"And Alpha Lucas, I meant no disrespect," he says and bows slightly.

I breath a sigh of relief and nod towards him, "None taken, I'm still learning how possessive I can be of my mate. Sorry for the misunderstanding," I reply and Sophia squeezes my arm in approval.

Am I seriously just getting extra brownie points for being polite? I try to hold in my smile as she holds onto me.

"It's alright, please come in," Noah says and moves out of the door way. He calls into the house and three young male wolves come out and grab our bags that were still laid out on the steps.

"Please take the bags to their rooms," he says to them and they walk back into the some bowing at the Alphas as they leave.

"I would like to discuss some things with you all before I show you to your rooms for today. I'll try and make it quick I understand that you must be tired from driving and tomorrow we have a lot to talk about," Noah says before leading the way.

We follow him into the house that opens into a large living room with dark wood floors and large framed windows around the room. White book selves follow along the wall and a set of grey love seats with a TV.

He turns right and leads us up a heavy set of isolated wood stairs and along the wall are pictures of the pack members and a repeated picture of a pretty little blonde girl as she progresses through childhood.

He opens the door as we pile through the same what small frame of his office door. As I slide in behind him I am surprised at how spacious and large it is with neat piles of work on two large white desks and no book shelves only filing cabinets stacked onto of one another seeming to be in alphabetical order. A separate sofa and coffee table on the opposite side of the room with a fire place and few books stacked on the mantel.

Noah reaches over and switches on some more lamps from around the room, the only other light source is the small windows that are at the top of high ceiling. The three of us moves towards the desk and I glance at the white bare walls that do not have any pictures, and desk that holds piles of papers and pens but no frames.

"Welcome to my study, its not much but its all I need," he says and gestures for us three to take a seat.

Once we do he wastes no time in getting to the point. "I met Sophia seven years ago," he explains, "when my wife passed away. I wasn't sure what to do or how to take care of my daughter; that's when I met a 12 year old Sophia and her traveling companions. Together for a year they helped take care of Moira so I could focus on the pack. They were so helpful, but sadly the pack wasn't okay with the rouges and they refused to become member of my pack, so they had to leave. I figured I should explain our actions earlier."

"I'm sorry to hear about your Luna," Nat says and Sophia jump the sound of his voice, having heard it only for the second time.

"Thank you," Noah says with a sad smile.

That poor man, I could never imagine losing Sophia, it would kill me and my pack. How these wolves managed to survive is a mystery to me. I hold her hand a little tighter and she squeezes mine in response.

"Sophia I am sorry I had to force you out like that," he says and she just smiles at him.
"It wasn't your decision it was your packs, you had to respect what they wanted, you made the right chose," she says with another reassuring smile.

"It never felt right, but I see that you found a nice home, that makes me feel a little less guilty. What about your Brother and Sister? Where are they?" He asks, Sophia's expression began to drop but she caught herself and let a sad smile out.

"They passed away," she says, but it didn't go unnoticed how tightly she held onto my hand. How fake her smile was, she was holding her anger in tight.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Noah says and looks sympathetically at her.

"How's Moira?" She asks with lighter tone.

"Who?" I ask and look at her with a curious gaze

"My daughter," Noah answers, "She's doing well, if you want you can see her tomorrow," He offers and her lips curve into a tilted smile at the idea.

"Yea I would like that," she says and Noah returned the smile.

He then claps his hands together loudly, "Well I'll show you to your rooms now let you get settled. You'll being staying here instead of the pack house I hope you don't mind," He says looking straight at Luke.

"No of course not, we appreciate the hospitality," I say and again begin to follow him down the stairs and past a silver and white shinnying kitchen into a carpeted hallway with two bed rooms on the right side two on the left.

"Alpha Lukas and Luna Sophia you will be the first door on the left and Warrior Nat you will have the second door on the left. If you need anything I will be on the upstairs level, but there are maids working during all hours," he says and excuses himself.

"Good night Nat," Sophia calls out, pulling me out of my thoughts and I glance up to see her wave at Nat as he enters his room. He responds with a grunt and shuts the door behind him.

I turn to Sophia and smile down at her, "Come on, Let's head to bed," I say and open our door to walk in.

********************

Vote

Comment

Love life!!!