Chapter 14

Chapter 14
~M

I'm about to respond when - "Ollie!" A little blonde girl shouts and comes running towards us. Also getting the attention of the other children.

However, she stops in her tracks when she notices me.

Her big eyes look up at me and I realize she is the girl from the soccer game with Jason.

"Luna!?" She says and a big smile spreads to her roses cheeks.

She continues to run towards us and jumps onto me, and I spread my arms to catch her in a hug. "Jennifer," I say as she squeezes me.

  I have only seen her once or twice since that game but I got to know her a little better. She said that she had a big sister but lived with a lot of other kids. I never put the pieces together.

"Luna?!" Other kids said and I recognize most of them as they start to run towards me. I had met many children and teens through Jason and his friends. I didn't realize that so many young wolves didn't have their parents.
I guess it might have been because of the past war. It took so many lives, and I guess this pack was directly involved in it.

I am torn from my thoughts as the children hug at my legs while I try to hold onto Jennifer.

Oliver and Jasmine give me questionable look.

"Luke's little brother and I would play soccer with the other kids," I explained to them. But their smirks didn't disappear.

"Luna where have you been?" One child called out trying to get my attention.
"I was working with Luke,"
"Why haven't you come to play?"
"I was with Luke,"
"Why weren't you with Jason when he came to play?"
"I was with Luke," I says sheepishly trying answer their questions.

I am always with him and sometimes it's suffocating. Because I'm not with the loving and caring him, I'm with the Alpha version that's always working. The Alpha version always wants me by his side, but doesn't show public affection.

"Why are you always with Alpha Luke?"

Before I could answer Jennifer, who was still on my hip with my arms around her, responded for me.

"Guys leave her alone. Their mates and are madly in love duh," she says and smiles at me.

I get a guilty twist in my stomach.

"All mates are in love." Another states.
"Is love that easy?" A boy asks and turn to me.

I take a moment and decide to answer truthfully.

"No it's not that easy. Love takes work. There will be days where you can't stand the person, days where you can't be without them. And days in between."

I imagine Luke, "with mates you are attracted to them automatically, that doesn't mean you love them automatically. It's beautiful and wonderful when you find your mate," say aware of the fact I have everyone's attention.

"It's a life changing experience, no one else can affect you like you mate can. But," I say, "love is something time creates. It must build as any other relationship, and the attraction of mates just give it a good foundation."