Chapter 23

Chapter 23
~M

Sophia

"Morning," I say as I sit at the kitchen table the next morning, Luke and I had gotten up early to find Noah in the kitchen with Nat and a maid cooking breakfast.

Luke wraps an arm around me and places a kiss into my cheek as he walks over to Nat and I follow behind. "Morning Luna, Alpha," Nat says not looking up from his phone.

"I hope you slept well," Noah says glancing at them and then looking back at the news paper.

"We did thanks," I say and slide into a seat in between Luke and Nat.

"Sophia in about an hour Moira will probably wake up and I was wondering if you wanted to spend the day with her and Glean, her bodyguard," Noah offers as a plates full of eggs and bacon go around the island table.

"If Luke doesn't need me..." I say and glance over at him as he begins to eat his breakfast.

"No go ahead," he says and stuffs some egg into his mouth.

"Then I'd love to," I say and finish my breakfast.
Suddenly Luke's phone lights up and he swiftly grads it, "hello," he barks in his alpha voice.

"Yes that's a good plan," he pauses, "keep an eye out," and he snaps his phone shut.

He turns back around and noticed all our curious stares "some rogues have gotten into our territory. Nothing to worry about they have it under control," he says and we go back to our meal.

"Sir," a maid calls out from the stairs.

"Yes?" Noah asks and gets up from the table with his plate.

"Moira is up and asking for you," she says and Noah smiles sweetly as he places the fish in the sink.

"I'm on my way," he says and excuses himself up the stairs taking two steps at a time.

Sophia's Wolf

I don't have a name, nor do I serve a purpose anymore. I have done enough damage, seen enough death, spilled enough blood to last me this life time.

My name was forgotten during the war, and even Sophia can't remember it.

Most days Sophia doesn't call on me and I am grateful for that. I am glad she is happy with our mate, she is learning to love and trust, but I must keep my distance, so I don't ruin it for her. Because whenever we get too close, too happiness I fill her with doubt. But that is to be expected from a warrior wolf. PTSD is often a post-war disorder, and I am a self diagnosed soldier.

But I can't let that ruin the good that is happening is our life right now, and I am controlling it very well. Especially whenever we are with Luke, I have never felt so calm and so in control of our life.

With him I feel invincible and I know Sophia feels the same.

"Sophia," Noah calls and she turns her head to see him carrying a little girl on his back. Her blond curls turning up on ever direction, and she is still dressed in her Sleeping Beauty PJs.

"Yes?" Sophia responds as Noah descends the stair case and places the girl on the ground.

"This is Moira," he says and the little blue eyed girl looks up at Sophia and waves shyly.
"Moira this is an old friend of Daddy's she used to take care of you for me," he says softly and Sophia stands up to come closer to Moira.

"Hey Moira it's been a long time," Sophia says and I feel the pull to the child automatically.

Sophia would never admit this but she has a mother instinct that can take control. She adores kids and even though she never talks about having pups, she often has dreams of little ones running around the house while she and Luke chase them.

"Daddy I don't remember her," Moira whispers into Noah's ear, although she hasn't quite gotten the concept of whispering.

"It's okay honey, you were too young," Noah says and he picks her back up and brings her to the island.

Sophia makes her way back to her seat while saying, "You were just a baby honey."

Noah places her in the chair next to Sophia and tells the maid to make her some eggs.
"So Moira," Sophia begins and I roll my eyes at her infatuation with children, "how about after you eat breakfast me and you get to know each other with some time to play."

Moira glances at her father and then looks back at Sophia as if taking her in, "Okay but the blonde Barbie is mine," she answers cautiously.

Sophia smiles at her and Luke gentle wraps his arms around her waist as they finished their breakfast.

Sophia

After breakfast Moira led me to her room as Luke and Noah went to the office. I knew Luke become a little different when work was involved. He wasn't the sweet and caring man like he is around me. He is cold and calculating, he knows what needs to be done and does it.

Thad a side he wants to hide from me but I know it is there. So I thought I would be best to let him to what he does best.

"This is my Barbie collection," Moira says and I glance inside the pink princess styles room with a display of three Barbie mansions and several vacation home with rows of girls and guys dressed nicer than me. 

"Wow, I have to say I'm jealous," I say and speaking more about how big and spacious her room is. Noah has spoiled her.

"You don't have to be. I can share," she says and I nod my head to follow her.

Before I could claim any Barbie she swiftly reaches out and grabs an older looking doll. 
"Is that your favorite?" I ask and she nods her head.

"It was my mommy's." I smile sweetly at her, "did you know my mom?" She asks and I shake my head

"No but I know she loved you very much," I say and we quickly get distracted playing away.
Unaware at how fast this can all fall apart....

*********

Hey this chapter was short and just fluff really. Sorry about that the next couple will be interesting!! But it's gonna be a little bit of a wait, sorry!!!

Vote

Comment

Love life