Chapter 4

Chapter 4

~M

I knew I had to leave as soon as possible, because when I woke up I saw Lukas asleep in a chair next to the bed. He must have stayed with me while I was passed out. He stayed with me because I'm his mate and he loved me.

And I couldn't return his feelings.

I look around the room, and a shiver runs down my spine as I realize it's way to similar to a hospitals. With white walls, white floor, and blue curtains separating each empty beds.

I slowly swing my legs over the bed and stand up making the bed squeak loudly. I snap my head to the chair Lukas is sitting in. I can see his chest moving up and down, deeply and slowly. He's still asleep.

I tip toe over to another chair where my bag is. All that's even in the bag is some cloths, money from a couple of jobs I've tried in the past, a knife that my sister gave me and a hair brush.

My hair has natural curls and it doesn't even need to be brushed, but it was my sisters.

I grab the bag and staying on the balls of my feet I try to make it past Lukas. I make it past my bed and I glance out at the window it's daylight out, probably late afternoon. Which means it's going to be harder to escape.

But I can't stay, I have someone I need to find. And I can't bring him into the madness.

"Awake already? But you barely slept." A voice says and I don't have to turn around to know who is it. I get butterflies just by hearing his voice.

"Well I usually don't sleep in a bed, so that helped," I say turning around to face him. Lukas was a few feet away keeping his distance. But in his eyes I could see the fight to stay that far away.

And honestly a part of me wishes he would cave, and come running over to me and hold me in his arms.

I felt painful tingles in my finger tips at the thought. The fact he was so close yet I couldn't touch him, made a knot in my stomach.

"Your a Rogue." He states and I nod. Ignoring the pain that shot through me because of the disgust in his voice.

"But you didn't hurt my Brother." He states. I let that sink in then repeat it over and over in my head.

"Brother?" I asked, suddenly it clicked in my head. "Oh my god. Your Jason's brother? The one that is going to be Alpha when he finds his mate?" I ask and Lukas smirks.

"My name is Lukas Grey. But I go by Luke." He pauses, "and you are?" He asks, raising an eyebrow with a smile and gesturing towards me.

"Sophia. Sophia Frost," I say numbly, not returning his smile. There is silence for a while as we stare at each other.

"He talked about me? Jason," he clarifies and I nod, "Yea he said you were impatient," I say with a smirk. Luke's face drops into a serious expression.

"Because I was, when it came to finding my Luna," he says and I cross my arms over my chest. Trying to calm the butterflies.

God the bond between us was strong. Probably because he's an Alpha. I could feel his want, his lust, his desire. And no matter how hard I tried to hide mine I know he could feel mine too.

I also felt his fear, something's Alphas aren't supposed to show. But it made me feel relaxed knowing he was letting me honestly know what he feels. Not bothering to hide anything.
I could also feel his worry and how scared he really was about having a mate.

"Was? Oh so that's great you've found her?" I ask sarcastically. Luke's expression softens and he smiles slightly. He has the this way about his smile that just makes you want to grin back at him. That's just how his personality made you feel, he was happy, and bubbly, but can be intimidating, strong, and cocky.