Chapter 18

Chapter 18
~M

"A ball? Isn't that old fashioned?" I ask and look up from my new desk.
I felt so useless when Luke was working so I asked him if I could help. At first he was reluctant but yesterday he bought a new desk for me to use and put it in his study.

He was supposed to have off this week, but because of this packs lack of organization, we have been cleaning and filing for the past three days.

"Yea a party. My parents like it old fashioned; plus, they want to have one in honor of you, and they want to hold it before we leave Friday," he explains as we walks over to my desk.

"When is it?" I ask and glance at the clock, it was 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

Since my run in with Luke's Dad I have strangle felt for comfortable in the pack house. It's as if a wall between me and the pack was destroyed all by a few words.

"It's tonight," he says casually and I snap my head in his direction.

"What?!" I say and jump up from my chair, surprising him and almost making him fall of the corner of my desk he was sitting on

"How long have you know about this ball?" I ask suspiciously and he shrugs.

"About two, three days." He says confirming my suspicions. I let out an frustrated sigh.
"Why what's wrong?" Luke asks and begins to walk towards me with concern, I step back and give him a glare.

"I don't have anything to wear," I say through gritted teeth, then begin to gather some things in a bag while mumbling things about how last minute this is.

"I'm be back," I shout at him as he stares dumbfounded, "oh and I am inviting two more people so add Jasmine and Oliver to the list, no last names," I call out after me as I begin my walk to the orphanage.

I stomp along the road ranting to myself about how he didn't tell me until today.

Once I get to the mansion I remember that it is a school day and all but Jasmine and Oliver should be at school. I don't bother to knock as I storm into the house.

"Jasmine!" I shout -practically scream. I know I'm overreacting but it's the first time I will officially meet the pack as the Luna and I didn't even know about it till today.

As a respond I hear a plate drop somewhere in the kitchen.

"Sophia?" I hear a deep voice call out from behind me.

I jump at the unexpected presence and whip my head around to see a panting Oliver standing behind me. He gives me a once look over before asking, "Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened? Why are you here?"

Instead of responding to his a million and one questions I simple turn back a round and walk into the kitchen where I heard the rattling of plates.
I breeze into the kitchen and find a surprised Jasmine shuffling dishes into cabinets. Normally I would offer to help but now I was not in my normal moods.

"Hey!" She calls over at me and continues to  empty the dishwasher.

I imitate let start pacing back and forth from one side of the kitchen to the other.
"Dress. Ball. He doesn't even- like I need time- and I'm worried about- and," I manage before I let out a angry sigh.

"Help." I state and go on a long rant about communication, all the while she nods her head and continues her chore.

"And I just would have liked to known about it when he did. I get its not that big of a deal but the whole damn ball is to welcome me, so I feel like I should have been informed. His parents have been busy and didn't get to tell me so it should have been his job," I finish and Jasmine takes a seat next to me at one of the stools places along the island counter.

"Did you talk to him, or storm out of the room?" She asks and I look down at the floor knowing my mistake.

"Left the room," I say like a child being scolded.

"Then you see the problem," she says and I nob my head, staying quiet again feeling like a child in trouble.

"Okay well you can just make it up to him at the ball. You guys can talk to him then," she says.

I shake my head in response, "that's the thing I don't have a dress and-"

"Is that seriously even a concern you have?" She asks abruptly her motherly voice sounding short.

"Yes?" I question leaning away from her glare.

"Honey, my mate, spoils me more than my father did. I have a shit tone of dresses you can choose from," she snaps and I raise my eye brows at the first curse word I have ever heard her say.

"Oh really? You wouldn't mind me borrowing one of them?" I ask already knowing the answer but prepaying confirmation.

She just rolls her eyes then comes around the corner of grabs my hand and pulls me up the stair case. We walk up to the second floor, which is in the middle so if need be she can run up or down the stairs at an equal distance. She drops my hand outside of the first door to the right and pulls a key out from her pocket unlocking both locks. Then glance at me before opening it, sharing a confident smile.

When the doors open it reveilles a walk in closet that size of a bedroom with color coded sparkly dresses and rows of heels with jewelry displayed on tables scattered around the room.

"Seriously?" I ask stepping into the closet and running my hand along the racks of bedazzled formal wear.
While calculating how much money was spent on all of this.

"Seriously." She confirms and walks over to me as I skim the black section.

"And all this is yours- for the night." She says and gestures around her and smiles teasingly.

"God your the best," I say with a bright smile.

Jasmine just shrugs, "I know."

****************
Thanks for reading!

Comment

Vote

Any recommendations would be appreciated!!!

Love
Life