28.

~ Recap ~

The coffee shop is about 30 minutes away from his home and I asked if he wanted me to pick him up after work but he declined and said he would take a cab home so I didn't pressure him.

"Bye M, text me when you reach home safely okay." I told him as we reached his work place.

"Yeah I'll text you guys, see you tomorrow." He winked at us as he got out and waved. We waited until he went in before we made our way home as well.

~~

'This chapter will switch points of view, so please read carefully.'

We made it home in time to see my mother just about to leave, she has a night shift and won't be back till tomorrow evening

"Hey mom." I said hugging her and she hugged back.

"Mom are you leaving already?" Luke asked with a frown and mom gave us a sad smile.

"Yes honey, my shift will soon start." She said taking up her bag.

"Okay you two, behave yourselves and lock the doors properly before going to bed. Do not open the door for nobody, you hear me?" She told us with a serious expression on her face.

"Yes mom." We both said at the same time. Every time she's leaving she tells us the same thing.

"Good, I love both of you and food is in the microwave. Heat it up." She hugged us as we replied back and then she left.

"So what's going on with you and Lilly?" I asked Luke as we went to the kitchen.

He blushed. "Nothing is going on, I mean I like her but I don't think she feels the same." 

"Why would you think that?" Even a blind man can see that both of them like each other, they're just so stubborn.

"Well after I left her house she started acting like nothing happened between us and it's frustrating." He said groaning as the food reheat.

"Maybe she's shy? or she just doesn't know how to act around you anymore after the peck?" 

"Peck? it wasn't a freaking peck, it was a kiss. A mind-blowing kiss." Luke said frowning at me  and crossing his arms.

I clutched my stomach as I laughed real hard, he really thinks that was a mind-blowing kiss? pecking each other's lips? this is too funny I can't. "Haha, you- nevermind. I won't burst your bubble this time." I was still laughing at this point.

"Leave me be." He shouted going upstairs but I could hear the laughter in his voice as he spoke.

After we freshened up, we took our dinner and started eating it after saying our grace.