012

Eddie's POV

Jeff, Gareth, and I are hanging out at my place. Watching TV, bored as fuck. My phone chimes and it's a text from Dustin.

Dustin: Emily wants you at the family video

Ain't no way Emily wants me to meet her at the family video. Hard to believe Dustin is facilitating this interaction. Does she not have a phone? I need her number asap.

Eddie: When

Dustin: right now

Eddie: say less on my way

"You two need to leave," I speak aloud to Jeff and Gareth.

"What do you mean?"

"Emily needs me at Family Video."

"Dude you drove me here," Gareth complains.

"I don't care to get Jeff to take you."

-

After getting the guys to leave my house I make my way to Family Video. I text Henderson letting him know I'm here. I get no response but hear a knocking on my window accompanied by a hey Eddie. Looking up from my phone I see Henderson and Emily.

I had assumed by Hendersons' message that it was just Emily I'd be meeting here, guess not. I climb out of my van and Dustin says, "Okay I did my part can we leave now?"

I'm confused now and don't want them to leave. We'll Henderson can leave, she needs to stay.

"It has to be believable. We need to rent a movie." Emily responds.

"Movie night?" I joke playfully knowing damn well that's not happening.

"No," Dustin mutters. What's got his panties in a bunch? He leaves Emily and me alone and goes inside.

"I don't know why he's like that, so crabby." She speaks up.

"It's only gotten worse since you moved here. Maybe it's you." I joke.

"No, I think it's you."

"Maybe it's us." She blushed and I smile knowing that I did that to her. I open the door for her and we go into the Family Video.

I have no idea why I was invited here but I don't complain or question it, I just go with the flow. 

Once inside Henderson is already having a conversation with Steve who's behind the counter. Steve notices Emily and stiffens up.

"Hey, Harrington," I say taking a seat near the counter. I go to grab candy behind the counter and Steven slaps my hand away. 

"Hi, Emily." Steve talks to Emily, ignoring me.

"Hi." She whispers.

"So you moved to Hawkins?" He asks.

"Yeah, I did." I can feel the awkward tension in the room. Emily looks physically uncomfortable. I make eye contact with her to see if she's okay and she nods.

I'm watching Emily watch Dustin and Steve.

I ask trying to get her attention off Steve, "Do you think your mom will be upset if I come Saturday?"

"Probably," She sighs, "She'll get over it."

"I just don't want to piss anyone off," I admit.

"If she says anything I'll tell her I met you today and invited you cause you seemed nice." She thinks I'm nice, I could die right here. Most people think I'm an asshole.