~~~Chapter 1: The Party...~~~

Asha and Harry were 8 years old, and they knew their place.
His parents never gave them the love like they gave their brother for reasons they were never told, however, today was special for Gordon - it was his birthday. However, his unfortunately meant it was a day never to be seen.

Gordon ran down the stairs screaming as Harry rolled out of bed, landing on Asha's roll mat. They had decided to use the bed every other day as they were never given a second bed - it was their tactic for everything as to make the work fair.
"MUM! DAD!" Gordon exclaimed excitedly. "Where are my presents!" 
"They are in the living room of course." Lily Potter said as she directed her son into the room. Gordon ran through and immediately began to tear open presents without even thanks his parents once. A photographer quickly walked through, taking a plethora of photos.
"This will make the front cover of the Daily Prophet!" James spoke proudly as the photographer nodded his head in agreement.

Harry walked down slowly as it as his turn to ask for some food and went up to his mum quietly. 
"Mum, please can we have some food?" He asked hopefully. Lily turned her head around sharply before standing up and pushing Harry out of the room.

"How greedy of you to ask such a question!" She sneered, "I will not have you ruining this day for our Boy-Who-Lived. How would that look on the Daily Prophet?" 

"Not good..." Harry looked to the ground. He was hoping for at least one thing, even some new socks would do, but he got nothing... 

"Exactly! Now be a good child and wash the bathroom before hiding from the party later today."
Lily ushered her lesser favoured child into the bathroom before turning back. 
"And tell your twin to start by cleaning the bedrooms before doing the attic!"

Harry thought she was gone by now as he mumbled to himself. "But why does he get all that love compared to us..."
That was a big mistake! 

"How dare you say such a thing!" Lily shouted to the boy. "You cannot treat your SUPERIOR BROTHER with resentment like that!"

"But I..." Harry stumbled to protest.

"No butts! There shall be no food for a week! Or for your twin!" Lily began stomping away, "And I had better not see you again for the rest of the day." 

Harry hastily told his sister the bad news before entering the bathroom.
He was angry but just knelt down as he began scrubbing the filthy toilet instead of letting it show. The sooner he was done was the sooner he could go to his room and practice his magic. 

He wasn't scared of his mother's reaction - he was already used to worse.

~~~

Harry was well aware of the commotion downstairs for Gordon's party, but he was happy reading his book on the history of magic, but he was nervous why his sister was taking so long. He was silently thanking his every being that he wasn't beaten for his actions. Last year, his dad had secretly used the cruciatus curse on Asha after she smuggled some mouldy bread from the bin into their room Infront of guests - Asha isn't disgusting, she was just desperate. 

The door finally creaked open as a filthy Asha stumbled into the bedroom and collapsed on the bed. 
"What took you so long?" Harry asked.

"Got my leg caught in a broken floorboard!" She pointed to a gash of blood on her leg. "I wish they did something nice for our birthday... I saw loads of people flooding into the house for a party!" 

"When I asked if we could have food there was a photographer for the Daily Prophet in there!" Harry mused. "Face it, this are life."

"Imagine if they saw this..." She gestured to their room before closing her eyes.