~~~Chapter 17: A mirror to parents~~~

It had been a couple weeks since Christmas and Nyra had been acting even weirder that before. 

Asha had been thinking over what had made her mood change so suddenly and then she remembered the letter with the money that Nyra had received on Christmas. Nyra did seem to become moodier after she read the card - but why would she get moody from receiving more oney than Asha had ever seen? 

"Why have you been acting so - well - different recently?" Asha asked Nyra, attempting to word it sensibly. 

"W-what?" Nyra asked innocently as she turned her head to face Asha. 

"Like you read that letter and got money, what was wrong with it?" Asha pressed.

"Oh... That."

"Yes, also how much money was in it?" Asha asked, feeling as if she was getting somewhere. 

"Ummm, a lot." Nyra said before pausing for a second, "its none of your business anyway so quit asking me questions about it!"

There was a period of silence where the two girls stared at each other in shock. Both of them looked upset but for different reasons and Asha scooted away from Nyra a bit. 

Nyra knew upsetting Asha was easy and a mistake but she didn't want to talk about that letter to her one bit - the less Asha knew, the better. 

"Sorry... I just dont want you knowing yet." Nyra tried concluding as to get Asha to not be upset at her outburst, "Its personal."

It was at this moment that a voice that they had enjoyed not hearing echoed from outside the Slytherin dungeon. 

"Your saviour has returned!" 

Asha immediately stood up and began walking over to the girls dormitories without a word but someone got in the way. 
She looked up and frowned, "Hey Draco..."

"Are you really going to walk away without greeting your saviour?" He sneered.

"Shove off Draco, she is trying to get past." Nyra said from behind Asha. 

At this point Crabbe and Goyle walked in between the girls like they were bodyguards and they shoved her back down onto her seat. 

"You do not talk that way to my loyal follower!" Gordon shrieked at Nyra from behind the couch she was sitting in. Draco beamed at him as if he had accomplished something to be proud off. 
Gordon then hobbled over to his sister who was standing impatiently in front of Draco who was still blocking the girls dormitory.
"Hey Ashee! Did you enjoy your Christmas alone? MY parents said they gave you nothing, is that true? Aren't you glad your unloved?"

Asha's lips became a smirk as she eyed down her brother. 
"I fact it was the best Christmas I've ever had! And I got a gift from the Weasleys that I value more than you and all your mindless goons!" 

With this news Gordon looked absolutely horrified. It was evident that he hoped to find his sister upset and without any comeback in mind he hobbled over to Asha and shoved her before hobbling off. 

As Draco and the others followed Gordon out of the Slytherin common room, Nyra yelled out, "Gained a couple pounds ey Gordon?"

~~~

Asha and Nyra once again began relaxing in their dorm instead of the common room where Gordon and his goons had retaken. He had been spending half of his time making every Slytherin despise Asha and Nyra so they had to keep to themselves.  

The problem was, however, the with the new year brang some room changes causing them to not have their old unused rooms outside their dorm to hide in for some privacy in their free time. This left them both with the simple enough task of finding a new room. 

"try this one." The voice of Cedric Diggory standing behind them suggested.

Just hearing his voice, Nyra's eyes lit up. 
"Ced!" She cried as she turned around, "I haven't seen you since Christmas break!"

Asha just stood and watched as the two greeted and entered the room he suggested. She promptly followed them into the room and saw them looking at a mirror?

Asha could see Cedrick and Nyra staring at the mirror as if they were in a trance. 
"Nyra? What's so good about this mirror?"

Cedrick turned his head slowly and looked at Asha with a suspicious smile on his face.
"I've shouldn't get addicted to this before lessons, I'll see you tomorrow." Cedrick left the room, taking one more look at the mirror. 

Asha could now see the mirror that had transfixed Nyra. The reflection however wasn't of the two girls and their surroundings but there was Lily and James Potter standing their smiling. 

Asha backed up to the far wall, "Why are you staring at my parents!?" She asked Nyra with a hoarse voice. 

Nyra looked at Asha like she was mad, "What are you on about? I see... My. Parents."

"No, that reflection is clearly showing my parents..." Asha looked back at the mirror to see Harry seemingly drag her net to her parents! But it wasn't her, it wasn't real. Her mother hugged her and she looked happy? Asha also immediately noticed that neither her or harry in this mirror world had a scar. 

"What is this thing? I mean - why do we see different things?  A-And why my parents?" Nyra asked, half to herself. 

"I've gotta show Harry. Maybe he sees the same thing as me?" 

"Go find him... I'll wait here." Nyra whispered to Asha, her forehead was pressed against the mirror and Asha could swear her eyes were wet.

Asha nodded and turned to leave the room. As she left she was certain that she head quiet sobbing coming from the room but she chose to ignore it as she went towards the Gryffindor common room to find her brother.