~~~Chapter 8: An outcast and a plan~~~

Asha stared at the howler infront of her for almost a minute and Nyra nudged her sharply.
"Asha... Just take the bullet, they only get worse if you ignore them."

"How so?" 

Nyra stared deeply into Asha's eye's and whispered, "You wouldn't sleep at night if you knew..."

Asha took the hint and began to peel open the letter. 

~~~

"YOU FILTHY BRAT! HOW COULD YOU RUIN THE POTTER'S NAME BY ENTERING SLYTHERIN AND HURTING GORDON! NOT TO MENTION HOW YOU DISRESPECTED OUR LOVE AND WAISTING OUR MONEY BY BEING SLYTHERIN! IF WE WEREN'T SUCH GOOD PARENTS, WE WOULD DISOWN YOU AND, IN THE PROCESS, YOU'D FORCE US TO DISSOWN TOUR TWIN! YOUR SUCH A RUDE, NARCASISTIC CHILD! IF YOU PUT ONE FOOT OUT OF LINE!..."

~~~

The Howler then ripped up and Asha felt the room go silent.

Every head was just staring at her with their mouths open. 

The silence was deafening...

Eventually Gordon broke the silence by shouting, "She is really worse than what they made her out to be!" He then put his hands on his heart and acted dramatically, "She once called me a narcissistic, fat idiot and the world was better off without me! She threatened to attack me - the Chosen one! Asha always harasses me!"

Asha couldn't explain it, but she was completely unfazed by this. 
It was (after all) Just her parents and Gordon bullying her - just as they always did. 

"That's not exactly true..." She murmured quietly, astonishing Gordon's friends.

"See! She denies it even after I - the Boy Who Lived, chosen one, Gordon Potter - has exposed the truth!" Gordon ranted, acting the innocent one.

Asha has a painful glance around the great hall. It seems as if everyone is scowling at her.
Even Professor Dumbledor didn't look pleased - instead he sported a quizzical demeanour which failed to give Asha hope. 

"You should leave now. Before I expose more of the truth." Gordon pushed Asha - bemused at how easily she had become an outcast. 

Asha complied and stood up, noticing all eyes remain on her - looking on in disgust. 

She noticed Draco seemingly mouth sorry to her which was weird and most importantly, Nyra followed her. 

To Draco this was perfect for his plan - if the other houses hate her, that's step one to be inducted as a true Slytherin.
Nyra pulled Asha around a corner and began venting to her. 

"How could you parents say such things about you! You've done nothing wrong! You're the nicest person in the whole of Slytherin and they say you're a disgrace! Disgrace of what!? Disgrace of a hat picking a house they didn't like which you couldn't control! And they never said it was a problem for Gordon - just you! And this is not even mentio..."

"Okay! I get the idea." Asha cut her off and stopped walking. "Look, this isn't really a problem..." 

"Not a problem? Not a problem!" Nyra bellowed, looking as if she is about to explode. "How in what world is that 'not a problem?' Then Gordon bellowing those things about you - I assume were a lie of course..."

Asha sighed heavily. 
"No, I really did say those things to him, got me starved for a mon..." Asha quickly shut up before she spoke about her home conditions. "G-got shouted at by my parents..." She quickly lied.

Nyra looked confused at Asha's fumble but quickly felt surprised that she would say those things. 
"Surely you would realise the severity of saying such horrid things about the Chosen One?"