~~~Chapter 5: The sorting ceremony...~~~

The train ride flew by after the encounter with Hermione.

They had all gotten into their robes as the train began to slow down and once everyone had got off the train the twins were some of the first to see a massive man yelling, "FIRST YEAR'S! This way please! C'mon now, first years, don't be shy!"

Soon all the first years were together as Hagrid showed them all to a boat in groups of 4. 

Asha, Harry, Ron and a boy called Seamus Finnigan were in one boat.

"Look at the size of it!" Harry exclaimed as the boats began to stop at the other side of the lake. 

The half giant walked them all up some steps until they saw an old lady who looked like she had experienced a lot and had deep knowledge of magic. 
"Thank you, Hagrid, I'll take them from here." She said as the half giant walked away. She then turned to the children, "Welcome to Hogwarts! Now, in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now, while your here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will gain you points, while any rule breaking you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." 

She then got interrupted by a kid screaming, "Trebor!" Before picking up a toad.

"He must be Neville." Ron whispered as many others laughed at the boy.

Neville stood up before muttering, "sorry..." and hiding within the crowd of students. 

The Witch looked impatiently at Neville before turning around to leave.
"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." She said as she left the first years alone for a minute. 

~~~

"It's true then..." One boy spoke loudly over the crowd, "Gordon Potter has come to Hogwarts!" 
The boy walked closer to Gordon before confidently saying, "This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy... Draco Malfoy." 

Ron sniggered when he heard his name, earning some stairs. 

"Think my names funny, do you? There's no need to ask for yours - red hair, and a hand me down robe - you must be a Weasley!" Draco turns towards Gordon once again, "You'll soon find out that some families are better than others Potter, you don't want to make friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there..." 

He stuck out a hand which Gordon took. 

"Ignore that idiot, he's befriended my bloody brother and sister!" Gordon spat at the ground as he said that. 

Draco smirked. "Well, that would make sense... The retards go together."
He turned around to see the old witch from earlier staring at him. 

~~~

As everyone entered the great hall Asha heard Hermione whisperer something about the roof but she couldn't make out what. 

 "I will place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses... Now then..."

Asha zoned out as she was too focused trying to ignore the stares they were receiving from the other years: She heard Ron be put in Gryffindor and Draco be put in Slytherin but that was about it.
Suddenly she heard the witch call out for Gordon. 

He sat there with a smirk on his face as the whole hall went silent. 
It took about 10 seconds before the hat yelled Slytherin! 
Gordon's smirk dropped instantly as he seemed to argue with the hat. A huge cheer erupted from the Slytherin table but everyone else just sat there in shock - was Gordon Potter going to become the new Voldemort?