~~~Chapter 16: Nyra? What's wrong?~~~

As Hogwarts began the Christmas break Asha happily bed farewell to her brother Gordon. 
This was the first time in her life having a Christmas without him - or without her and Harry being locked in their room for the whole break. 
Unfortunately Hermione left for the break without ever telling her causing Asha to regret never saying goodbye to her. 

"Asha! Asha wake up!" Nyra shrieked, shaking her roughly, "Its Christmas!" 

Asha looked up and rubbed her eyes. 
"Mmmhhh, Nyra... What time is it?" 

"Its already 7:00! C'mon and get up!" Nyra said as she pulled a half asleep Asha up.

"Calm down, its only Christmas."

Nyra looked at Asha like she was an alien. 
"Did you just say... Only Christmas?..." She asked slowly, nit believing what she had just heard. 

"Yes. This day just comes around once a year, what's so special about it?" Asha said as she stumbled to put on some half decent clothes. 

Nyra simply stared at Asha in bewilderment for half a minute before rushing her out of the door. 
"We are finding Harry, hurry up!" 

~~~

Harry was already in the Great Hall by the time the two Slytherins reached them and they were invited to sit with the Gryffindor's for the day seeming that the table was two thirds empty. 

Harry had something with him that he wanted to show Asha desperately but he was blocked by Fred and George who began talking to Nyra and Asha like they had new them all their life. 
Asha didn't yet find it easy to talk to them as she had barely seen them since the week before going to Hogwarts and had only got used to speaking to the people she talked to commonly such as Nyra or Hermione. This meant that it was mostly a conversation to Nyra with Asha sitting silently. 

The conversation seemed to move on fast and suddenly Asha was knocked out of her own thoughts by Fred asking her if she had any presents. 

Asha looked up at Fred before George said with a tinge of sarcasm in his voice, "Have you seen Harry's gifts? I wish I had another..."
Asha still didn't speak to either of them.

"What gifts? I was planning to check ours after this-" Nyra started saying before she was cut off.

"He's got a stupid Weasley jumper." Ron said.

"Its not stupid." Harry interjected, being unusually quiet in a conversation about him.

Nyra looked at the boys face, as if trying to infare whether he was lying or not.  
"Really?" She asked hesitantly, noticing the smirk plastered on most of their faces. 'I wander if Asha got anything like that?'

"Asha, do you want to go back to our dorm and check?" Nyra suggested, secretly hoping that she would find herself something.

"Oh, ok." Asha said, she took one last look at Harry, noticing his smirk before walking off behind Nyra. 

~~~

Once they had gotten to there almost empty Slytherin common room they saw a small collection of presents that Nyra ran over to, assuming they were for them. 
It seemed all the other Slytherins had taken theirs already so they brung them all to their dorm room as to have some privacy. 
"Asha, its Christmas! Why dont you look exited?" Nyra asked, pointing at their stash in the corner of their dorm.
"Those are all going to be for you probably." Asha said nonchalantly. 
Nyra looked weirdly at Asha. "Look again." 

The collection wasn't very big in total, only massing 1 parcel and 4 letters, one of which was extremely big for a letter but Asha couldn't stop looking over the small pile. She had only ever been given one useless throwaway gift for Christmas - her best ever being a muggle table spoon which seemed to have some green stuff stuck on it.

 Asha then reminisced on Gordon's mountain of gifts. Witches and wizards all around the world sent him gifts and that is forgetting her parents spoiling him silly. He would pull a fit when the gifts stopped and that would only get him more presents...

They looked closer and the parcel was for Asha whilst they both had two letters each. 

There was a clear look of disappointment in Nyra's eyes for not having the parcel but she clearly tried to keep a happy face as she opened the first letter. Both Asha and Nyra had given each other a letter each and the Weasley's had given Asha a card which they had clearly meant to send attached the the gift! 
"Who's you're card from?" Asha asked Nyra who was reading her second letter with open eyes. 

"Its confirmed then..." Nyra whispered to herself before looking up. 

"Why? What's confirmed then?" Asha asked confused. She then noticed the amount of money that was out of the card. "Oh my gosh..." 

"Uhh... Nothings c-confirmed" Nyra stuttered, trying to control her breathing. "A-anyway, open your present!" 

"That money..." Asha said, staring at the card.

"Just open your present Asha or I will for you!" Nyra snapped loudly, surprising Asha who did as she was told, ripping open the package open ferociously, a look of rare excitement plastered on her face. Inside was a woolly jumper what was obviously home made.

"Who's it from?" Nyra asked much more quietly - it was as if Nyra could only speak loudly or quietly all of a sudden. 

"The letter said it was from the Weasley's!" Asha beamed. "Look! Its a jumper!" 

Nyra simply stared at the girl who was in her opinion overly happy for a jumper. 
"Yes Asha... Nice jumper."

Asha's beaming face dropped to one of confusion. 
"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing..." Nyra stared out of the window, "Do you think the Weasley's would hate me?" 

Needless the say, Asha was surprised by such a random question. 
"What?"

"Like, your in Slytherin too..." 

"Umm... I don't see why they would..." Asha wondered out loud. "You seemed to get on with the Weasley twins quite well earlier - and your friends with Ron."

"Yeah right... 'Friends'. All I've ever done with Ron is boss him around." Nyra scoffed. 

"Nyra? Stop avoiding the question. What's wrong?" Asha pressured her, getting slightly annoyed at Nyra's weird mood.  

"N-nothing..." Nyra said but she couldn't seem to say it without a stutter. "Do you think the Weasleys are nice?"

Asha eyed Nyra in deep thought. "Yes?... I dont talk much w' them but they seem nice I guess... It was nice of them to give me this." Asha found it hard to talk to people she didn't know - especially in groups but she wasn't going to mention that. 

"Oh..." 

In the awkward silence that followed Asha realised Nyra didn't get a gift. She had never seen someone get less than her and Harry. But unlike her, Nyra seemed exited for Christmas? And what was that letter with a pile of money?