~~~Chapter 10: The mirror~~~

Asha hadn't spoke to Harry for almost a week now. Normally they would make up to each other the next day, but this time it was different. Both Asha and Harry had other people to talk to now and they didn't live in the same room meaning they didn't have talk to each other - so they didn't.

Harry had never reacted so violently against Asha so whenever she saw him she tried to move away from him. 

Draco was pleased by this and began to include Asha which made Harry even madder at her.

~~~

"You've got to talk to Harry!" Nyra reasoned to Asha whilst lying on her dorm bed with Asha pretending to not hear her. 
"I know your awake Asha! Stop ignoring me."

Asha turned over and stared at Nyra, "You think I'm talking to him first? I did nothing wrong."

"That's not exactly true is it." 

Asha put her head to her pillow and growled. "He hurt me."

"After you betrayed him."

"I... I just wanted friends..." 

"You had friends." Nyra declared. she hadn't stopped telling Asha to forgive Harry all week. "And above that you had family."

With that Asha stood up and walked out of the room in frustration. 
Where she was going - she didn't know. 

"Asha..." Nyra called after her. "Asha, get back here right now!" 

"I'm going... for a walk."

At this point Nyra didn't want to push Asha. 
"Please come back soon..." 

Asha was already gone. 

~~~

Asha didn't have a clue where she was going when she stumbled across an almost empty room with just a single mirror inside. 
There was a reflection on the mirror, but Asha couldn't make it out until she went closer. 

This was when she froze, her eyes not staring from the image inside the mirror.
"Mum, Dad? Harry are you ok!" She saw her parents and Harry all smiling at her. 

Smiling? 

"What is this?" Asha moved closer to the mirror and touched it. It was real. But it couldn't be at the same time. Her parents had never smiled at her for starters...

Suddenly another person walked into the reflection. Asha. 
She stood there for minutes, just staring into her own eyes, both confused and interested. 

The Asha she saw seemed to be happy to be with her parents, much unlike her in real life. 

Asha spoke no words as she stared, mesmerised at the picture created by the mirror. It was not real - she knew that, but it felt like it should be. It was how her life could have been if Gordon was never born. 

She knew she should probably return to the dorm before Nyra panicked but she couldn't bring herself to do it - not yet. 
She ended up staring at the mirror's reflection for hours on end, barely blinking.

~~~

It was already the morning before Nyra saw Asha again and by then she was frightened of where Asha could be. 
By the time Asha had finally re-entered the Slytherin dungeon, it was already 5AM.
Nyra sat up and looked for who entered to see Asha creeping through the dorm room.