~~~Chapter 22: someone heard us~~~

Asha sat down next to Nyra, wiping off Fangs saliva from her face.
"I... umm, well... we don't know much." She started but Hagrid cut her off.

"No, I mean, about the mirror." He said almost making it sound like a question.

Asha turned towards Nyra who shrugged back at her.
Nyra then turned to Hagrid saying, "I don't know why but it now shows.. umm, the trapdoor.." She faltered under Hagrid's stare which caused her feel like she was being looked right through.

"You do about that mirror right?" Asha asked to make sure they were on the same wavelength.

This caused Hagrid to scoff.
"Know th' mirror? How could I not know that mirror? With Dumbledore's recent orders to move it under the trapdoor and all."

Both Asha and Nyra's eyes lit up at what Hagrid said.
Was the mirror really being moved?
This couldn't be a coincidence.

Hagrid kept talking however, seemingly unaware of the 2 girls exited glances.
"What I don' understand is why you'd see the trapdoor, especially if you've never seen it with your own eyes... Maybe Dumbledo--" He suddenly stopped talking out loud. As if he was scheming up a plan in his head.
"Right, I think it'd be best for you two trouble makers to hurry off t' your beds now." Before adding, "Your always welcome at my hut o'course!"

As Asha went over to give Fang a goodbye belly rug, Nyra slowly stood up, "your not going to tell Dumbledore about us sneaking out r-right?" She asked Hagrid hopefully.

Hagrid checked to himself, "I doubt Dumbledore'd get mad at this - even if he did I'd cover for you two." He then gave Nyra a kind smile before walking over to his fireplace to turn the logs.

Asha got up and followed Nyra out of the door after saying bye to Hagrid.

"Wasn't expecting him to be so nice at this time of the night to us Slytherin's." Asha commented as they walked back into Hogwarts

~~~

The next day was the first time Asha and Nyra got an opportunity to talk freely about what they learned from Hagrid. Nyra had actually gone to the mirror alone without talking to anyone or having breakfast causing Asha to have to run around Hogwarts looking for her. 

Asha had ran straight past the mirror room multiple times before bothering to check in it due to Nyra's previous complaints about the mirror being apparently bad for her. Once she saw Nyra in the room she had to do a double take as it almost looked like Nyra was trying to get into the mirror. 
"N-Nyra? Are you alright?" Asha asked softly, somewhat worried for her abnormal behaviour. She stepping into the room, making sure to close the door behind her. 

This caused Nyra to stop and turn over to Asha. 
"Yea, I'm fine. Just dandy." She huffed before turning back to the mirror. She then sighed before saying, "Just trying to understand why I see what I see." 

"You must just... I guess really want to know about that trapdoor?" Asha almost asked her, "At least that is the reason for everyone else with the mirror."

"But- But You heard Hagrid! Even he was surprised by what I said. And I think we told him more than what he told us too..."

"We learnt that this is being moved under the trapdoor. That's something."

"Wait..." Nyra's eyes widened making Asha show visible confusion. "That means that these are connected somehow!" 
Nyra then ran over to Asha and was about to shake her shoulders but stopped seeing Asha flinch, covering her arms over her face. This caused Nyra to force herself to calm down, not wanting to scare her. 
She took a breath in before saying extremely fast, "Merlin! This means maybe I'm like seeing something important! Or Something about to happen!"

Asha scoffed at this, "Or maybe you are seeing a malfunction in the mirror."

"As if! This is a magic mirror, silly. Magic doesn't malfunction."

"But maybe... Ugh I don't know."

"Thought as much." Nyra said, smiling now. 

"Where even is this trapdoor anyway?" Asha asked.

"Ummm, I don't know... Maybe just ask Hagrid later, see if he spills anything." 

Suddenly both girls could hear loud shuffling of feet and a clanging on the door which Asha had shut before. Then came a yell from a somewhat familiar voice.
"You two boys had better not- if I find you listening in on personal conversations like preverts then I will personally knock you out myself!" 

Nyra immediately recognised the voice as an angry sounding Cedrick Diggory. 
This caused her eyes to once again light up and she ran to the door. 
"Cedrick!" She yelled as she hastily opened the door, "What's wrong?"

Cedrick was looking out into the now empty corridor. 
"I was looking for you Nyra but instead I found that you two's conversation was being eavesdropped on by Gordon and Draco." He spat.

Nyra and Asha looked at each other before back to Cedrick. 

"For how long?" Nyra asked.

Cedrick chuckled, "You think if I saw them listening in 5 minutes ago I would have just waited?" He smirked, "I have no idea, silly."

Asha (now feeling out of place next to this pair who clearly don't need her at that moment) walked past Cedrick saying. 
"I'll see you in first lesson, Nyra." Before walking off. 

As she walked off alone, Asha thought about what had just happened.

How much had her brother and Gordon overheard?

Why was Nyra seeing that trapdoor in the mirror?

Where even is the trapdoor? 

Then she realised something. Harry had acted all exited about the trapdoor! 
This means that he likely knows something - and will be easier to interrogate than Hagrid even if he was overly welcoming for a midnight visit. 

So that was exactly what she was going to do. 

~~~

Harry had been difficult. He had taken forever, dodging Asha's question and instead trying to turn the conversation  on its head by asking Asha what she was doing and what she learnt. 

In fact Asha only learnt where the trapdoor is from Ron who was sick of the sibling argument and told her where it was as to shut them both up. 
Asha thanked Ron and left, but not before overhearing Harry begin pestering Ron about his involvement. 
Not any of it affected her until she heard Harry say, "You saw that dog, Ron. She's too weak for any of tha..." She didn't bother hearing any more and instead went straight to Nyra who she hoped was still in the room with the mirror. 

Nyra was not in that room. However neither was Cedrick making Asha assume they were together.

Asha knew that Cedrick made Nyra happy in a way she never will.