~~~Chapter 13: A troll that brings chaos~~~

The next week or so went by without much interesting happening.
Asha was still good friends with Nyra and she had even kept speaking to Hermione.
Asha had also skipped detention, constantly avoiding Snape at all costs.

This tranquillity from events ended when Professor Quirrell stormed into the hall yelling, "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!... I thought you ought to know.." Before fainting.
The whole hall was thrown into chaos before Headmaster Dumbledore stood up, booming, "SILENCE!" Throughout the whole school.

~~~

Asha was looking for Nyra in the chaos but she couldn't find her. She was somehow not with the rest of the Slytherin's.

"Nyra? Where are you." Asha muttured to herself as she looked around for her. Asha begun to drag behind the rest of her year purposefully as to get a good view where her friend is.

Now that she couldn't see her, she was worried - a troll in the building at the same time her friend goes missing?

Asha slowed down from the group and quickly hid behind a statue until the crowds had dispersed. The problem with finding Nyra was that she seemed so mysterious - simply appearing and disappearing at random times that Asha couldn't get her head around. Asha ended up walking mindlessly through the corridors with no plans, until she turned a corner to see Nyra and two boys with their backs turned.

"Hermione is down there alone and the troll is loose! Don't you have any care?"

Asha walked up to Nyra and the boys and aggressively said, "what? Any care for your own safety?"

The three students turned shocked to Asha revealing that the two boys were Harry and Ron who both had extremely guilty faces. I was Nyra to break the silence, "eerrrrr... heyyy Asha, why are you here?"

"I should be asking you the same question! You know there's a troll lose!" Asha wasn't messing around with them.

Nyra clasped her hand to her face and dragged it off in exasperation.
"Asha! You go right back to our dorm! I'll catch up with you later." Nyra commanded Asha before turning around to the boys who remained dead silent.

Asha was taken back by these words from Nyra but she wasn't ready for a fight so tried to steer the conversation back to their location. "Nyra... don't you know how much danger we're in!?" She turned her head to Harry as she spoke, "What was this about Hermione anyway?"

Nyra didn't even acknowledge Asha as she began jogging hastily down some stairs and Ron followed. Harry muttered, "it's for your safety that you don't follow us, sorry sis" before he ran to catch up with the other two.
This left Asha confused and frustrated for about 30 seconds until she snapped out of her thoughts and decided to chase after them.

"Nyra! Harry! Wait up!" She called as she ran down the stairs. Stairs that began to move as she was standing on them! They began moving right fast before shooting into a much steeper angle causing Asha to fall down and cling on to the banister for dear life!
Once the stairs had stopped moving Asha slowly looked up and checked her surroundings. The hall that the others had ran down was now connected to a separate staircase and hers was now connected to a separate hallway.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Asha called out in a panic for she didn't know where she was but there was no reply.
She picked herself up and began walking down the hallway when professor Quirrel came up in front of her.

"Asha potter! Why are you on this floor young lady?" His voice became deeper and croakier as he went on with no hint of his usual stutter. "You do know that this is the third floor right... and that is forbidden for students."

"I... uhh..." Asha stammered, unable to properly get her words out. "The stairs took me here?" She almost asked.

"That's a pathetic excuse for if you must know the stairs are enchanted to never change when someone's on them."  Quirrel snarled without even one stutter in his speech.

"S-sorry sir..." Asha quietly whispered through her breath. "I-I'll be going now.."

The floors around them distinctly creaked and a shadow of a person began to appear from the direction that Asha had come from.
Asha turned back around to Quirrel but he was already gone!
What is coming to me if Professor Quirrel is running from it? Asha began to worry and she backed up and hit another of those statues which seemed to litter the halls of Hogwarts.

It turned out to be Professor Snape who was possibly even angrier to see Asha than Professor Quirrel was.
"What do you think you are doing here!?" Snape boomed.
Asha looked down, "Professor Quirrel has already told me off, sir, I-I got lost.."
"A cheap excuse. I'll see you in my office, first thing tomorrow," Snape ordered as he noticeably moved to the other side of Asha. "Now go back the way you saw I came."
With that Snape ran off in the same direction as Quirrel and left Asha alone once again.

~~~

Once Asha had found her way back to her dormitory Nyra was quick to act and shut the door behind Asha.
"Where were you?!" Nyra demanded, "I told you to go back here!"