Chapter 3

We sat in a big library\office. He at one end of the desk and me on the other end. We starred at each other, waiting for one of us to say something. He raised an eyebrow and my resolve caved in.

"So are you going to stare at me all day or are you going to tell me your name?" I asked getting impatient and a bit frustrated with his lack of response.

He chuckled softly. "My name is Mason." His deep voice sent shivers down my spine. I quirked an eyebrow, ignoring the sensation.

"I'm actually surprised you told me. Most kidnappers like to keep their names hidden from the person they kidnapped. Probably because they know they are bound to get caught and cling to any chance they have at getting away with it." I smirked at him. One for Maria, zero for Mason.

He looked at me for a moment before smiling like a Cheshire cat. "Well that should tell you something sweetheart." He said leaning forward. "I'm confident I won't be getting caught any time soon. Probably why I gave you my name." My smirk fell into a scowl. One point for Mason, zero for Maria.

I got up from the desk and walked over to his side. I sat down on top of the desk next to his hands. His eyes roamed my body up and down, his gaze sending shivers running down my spine while his attention was getting me drunk in it's passion.

I shook my head, snapping out of it. "Why am I here Mason? Why did you kill my family?" I looked down at my hands for a moment. "Why didn't you kill me?" My eyes blurred with tears as I thought of how gruesomely my family's bodies were ripped to shreds and scattered about.

I hear Mason sigh, get up, and wrap his arms around me. "In so sorry you had to see that baby. It's just... Your mother..." He sighed and stopped talking. He let go of me only to pick me up and carry me to the leather couch in front of the fire. He sat with me snuggled into his lap. I wanted to get up so bad, to tell him to go to Hell for what he did bit my body just stayed, unmovable.

"Your father used to be a werewolf. He fell in love with his human mate, your mother, and wanted to become human. He said he didn't want to bring you into this life style. He left the pack and of coursed took half of our money with him. I see how selfish I was before, knowing he had a family to take care of but I didn't care. I was so angry about why he thought pack life wasn't good for his pups. Why he would leave his family like that."

"I held the money he owed me over his head. I told him I would slaughter his family if he didn't return the money. Or he could join the pack life again but with his family this time. Even then the stubburn bastard didn't budge. He disappeared and I never heard of him since."

"That was until I got wind that he had died in Europe. I was filled with rage. I- I took it out on his family. I killed the boy. I tore him apart and then you came down the steps. I was so driven by blood lust I didn't even notice my own mate's delicious smell of strawberries and coconuts right up the stairs. You came down and it was like the world stopped."

"All I wanted was to mate you, take care of you, love you. I wanted to make you mine for all of eternity. It was the look on your face when you dropped to your feet that made me realize what I was doing. I was killing your family right before your eyes. But it was too late to stop then. I had to kill your mother and sister." He stopped talking and I looked up to see that he was crying, as was I.

I had no clue what to say, what to do. This man just told me he had killed my whole family over some stupid selfish reason and here I was in his arms wanting nothing more than to just take him, hold him, comfort him, to let him know that everything would be alright.

"Would you have killed me if I wasn't your mate?" I asked in a shaky voice. He didn't answer for a moment. We both knew the answer but I just had to know. "Yes." He whispered.

I took a big shaky breath but it was as if I couldn't get enough air in my lungs. "Baby I promise you I'm so sorry. I'm going to get you to forgive me even if it takes all my life. I love you. Your my mate." He held me tight as if he was scared I would disappear.

"You love me? Ho-how could you love someone you just met?" I asked. His arms tightened around me. I instinctively snuggled deeper into his embrace to let him know that I wasn't going to leave...just yet.

He chuckled humorlessly. "Darling your my mate. Fate created you specifically for me, and I for you. Your all mine. I love you." His face snuggled into my neck breathing in my scent. I sighed contently and stretched out my neck giving him more access to my neck.

This had to stop, I thought. This man murdered my family and here I was letting him sniff me. What's wrong with me?

I tore away from his embrace. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt as if I were going to have a panic attack. A small piece of my mind was telling me to get back into his arms. That even I didn't know what I was tripping over.

Mason stared at me, the hurt evident in his eyes. "Don't look at me like that." I started, "I didn't kill your family. So you get no right to look at me as if I crushed everything you were." The words were flying out of my mouth. I need air. I need to get out of here. I felt as if the walls were falling in on me and I had to get out before they crushed me.

His face shuttered and became gaurded. Tears were flowing down my face as if a river overflowed in my eyes. "I- I'm sorry. I have to go." I mumbled, rushing from the room. I stumbled out of the door and miraculously found my way to the room I had awoken in. I fell down onto the freshly made bed and began to cry my heart out as my broken heart bled crimson.