Chapter 25

It's been two weeks since I last saw Trent. It was as if someone were purposely trying to keep him from me. And why shocked me the most is that, it was not Jamal, it was the pack. From what I heard of the gossiping women every morning is that Delyla, the third in command's mate is apparently running all of this behind my back. She has everyone in the pack convinced that Trent is out to hurt me and that I'm not thinking straight because of my hormones. In fact it pissed my wolf off that she would dare try to step out of her place and try to run mine.

I sat at the table munching on my captain crunch with a bucket load of sugar. I sighed and pushed it back. Mama wants pickles. I attempte to reach the top of the fridge when a big ass arm reached up and got it for me. I turned around to see Trent with a toothy grin.

I squealed and wrapped my arms around you. Trent, who is stronger than the beta here, was downgraded to an omega, the lowest of the low. It was until he proved his worth that his tank would go up.

"Trent, what the hell! I haven't seen you since they let you out." I exclaimed slapping his arm. "Sorry darlin, but I really do think this pack has it out for me." He said scratching the back of his neck.

Immediately tears filled my eyes and I felt as if I was stabbed in the heart. "Your gonna leave?" I aske him with my bottom lip trembling. Trent's eyes widened and he began to shake his head. "No! It's just that this pack-"

"So my pack isn't good enough for you?" I asked, anger taking the place of my sorrow. "No!" He said.

"And what do you think our doing here?" Said Delyla, with venom dripping from her voice. My wolf growled lowly, not liking her tone. Obviously he's talking to me. I stayed quiet to see where this would lead.

Behind Delyla stood another man. He looked hard and trough but had similar features to Delyla, maybe her brother. Delyla walked up to Trent and didn't even notice me. "You know what I told you..."

"Get your ass away from our Luna omega." The man snarled. I had to bite back my own. Trent had a look of blazing anger but showed his neck in submission. If he were to challenge the man now, it would be a sign that Trent was working for Mason and tried attacking our pack.

"You should just go back to our old pack, boy. Nobody wants you here and-" I stepped forward. "Enough." I snarled at both of them. The man immediately took a step back with his head bowed but Delyla stood boldly staring at me in the eyes.

I took a step forward and snarled in her face, letting her see my wolf through my eyes. She narrowed her eyes and took a step back, also bowing her head. "I want you to tell your husband to get the immediate pack in the in the court yard, now.

She nodded her head and her and the man excited.

"You come with me." I said pointing to Trent. I walked through the house to Jamal's office. He opened the door without me having to knock."what the hell is this, that I hear we are having a pack meeting?" He demanded.

I placed a hand on my stomach and the other on his shoulder to calm him down. As Luna I have something to say. I saw something I didn't like and would like to enforce it myself."

Jamal nodded his head, "Then let's go, they're here."

Jamal took my hand and helped me down the stairs with Trent behind us. Jamal didn't acknowledge him which kind of pissed me of but I wasn't going to push it today. There in the court yard stood a strange which I had help to get on.

Trent and Jamal stood on either side of me. I cleared my throat, I kind of didn't know. There in the front stood Delyla, her mate, and her brother. Looking at them all the words I wanted to say came to me.

"Trent is apart of this pack, and also your Luna's very close friend. To offend him is like an offense to me." I swept my eyes across the crowd and saw some of them fidget.

"It has come to my attention that some of you in the pack believes, Trent should not be allowed around me. If I trust him, then shouldn't you? Who does not trust my judgment? Who wants to go behind my back, and make plans for the benefit of the pack, without the Luna or Alpha? Does anyone here wishes to challenge my authority?" I said.

Nobody said a word. My eyes were drawn to Delyla. She looked as if she were going to burst. And then she did. "You can't do this! This isn't right! And-and, if he stays then I challenge you. I smirked at her. Then laughed at her.

She looked around for help but nobody gave her the time of day. "Come on! Everybody knows it. She was human just a few months ago! How can she be a true Luna? I can barely believe she is the Alpha's mate! He probably just fucked her and got her pregnant on accident!"

This time Jamal jumped off the stage and gripped her by her neck. "Not only will I listen to your insults to me or my mate, but to bring my child into this is a death wish." He snarled at her. She paled instantly.

"I accept your challenge. I will not fight you for the sake of my child today... But in the near future, your ass is mine." I smirked. Trent helped me off the stage. Everything was quiet except something didn't feel right.

The crowd began to disperse. And then I saw something shine from the darkness of the woods out of the corner of my eye. Then all of a sudden Trent tackled Jamal to the ground as we heard a gun shot sound. I turned to see Jamal on the ground. There wa blood on both of them but... Who's was it?

And then wolves began to howl and run towards us. It was an attack. Many of our wolves changed forms and began running to meet them as some mothers ran with children. I stood there. It's funny how an event can change in just 1 minute. Run Maria, run or the sake of our pup! My wolf howled loudly in my head. I changed into my wolf form and began running towards the house. I had to hide, for the sake of my baby.