Chapter 17

I awoke to my heart pounding so hard in my chest that it bordered on pain. My breath was raspy and heavy and my skin was soaked in sweat along with the sheets.

I was in dark green sheets with black swirls over it. The room was large and finely decorated. I was thinking about leaving but see as I didn't know where I was going I couldn't. Then the memories of the other night hit me.

I patted all along my body to check and see if it was all human, which it was. I flipped the sheets off my to see my leg- fully healed. What the hell?

The door swung open and Jamal walked in, the concern showing in his face. "Are you OK?" He asked softly, as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm fine." I replyed although I know he was looking for an explination. "Sooooooo. You are you gonna tell me why your mate is in an uproar looking for his mate and you showed up on my territory with a big ass wound?" He asked looking at me.

I giggled a bit then sobered up thinking of why I left. "Um." I said sniffing slightly as tears filled my eyes. "We were doing really great. I was about to accept him actually. And I gave him my....cookie. and the very next day that he had a fiance. And he picked her over me." I said cracking over the last part.

"And the wound?" Jamal asked cringing. I knew he couldn't help but asked. He would need to know the whole story, by me being here and Mason not knowing could cause war. I give thanks to all the lovey dovey romance werewolf novels I always read.

"As I was running the delta tackled me and we fought for a bit and I pinned him but as I was running he clawed me." I finished.

Jamal's face filled with anger. "Even I know that is a weakling move. To catch a rogue or a prisoner, by all means injure them if it means to capture them. But to catch a run-away Luna? No, you never harm the Luna or you deal with the alpha."

"Well I guess it doesn't matter, since I'm not nor ever will be his Luna. He has Fawn." I said looking down feeling the familiar prickle in my heart.

Jamal lifted his hand to caress my cheek and my wolf lifted her head in my mind, but didn't protest. "You we're made to be a Luna. You can always be mine."

My eyes widened as I stared into his blue eyes. Jamal leaned down, his lips about to touch mine when I wretched my head back. "I can't. You-you have a mate out there. I know what it feels to have your mate choose someone that's not you. I can't."

Jamal smiled softly but his eyes held such a sadness that it broke my cracked heart. "My mate died two years ago." I gasped and grabbed his hand sputtering out how sorry I was.

He smiled softly again and out his hand over mine. "Its OK, Maria. Now there are some clothes in the bathroom, go ahead and wash up and I'll have someone bring you to me so we can go out to eat." He said winking at me. Then he got up and left the room. I groaned and flopped back on the bed.

Soooooooo. What did y'all think? Jamaria (Jamal and Maria) or Marson (Mason and Maria)