Chapter 24

The picture at the top is a picture of how big her stomach is now. I love babies 😩😁😊😊🎀

Days passed us by so quickly that they turned into weeks, and the weeks turned into months. I was now 4 months pregnant and was falling in love with my baby more and more each day. Jamal has been becoming more and more protective of me and I don't even blame him. All my wolf worries about is or unborn pup.

Everything has been quiet, so quiet I think the ones who knew about the war declaration forgot about it. All except Jamal and I. I knew he was very anxious about the impending war and our child. I could feel it come off him in waves.

I sat in bed smiling at my mate it into the shower. Contentment and joy washed over me. I heard the women walking down the hall, gossiping as usual. I sharpened my hearing to listen to what their saying.

"I can't believe the beta from Alpha Mason's pack really thought he could steal the Luna away and not get caught!" One of them said.

I sat straight up, or as much as I could with a round belly. "I heard that Alpha Jamal put him in the dungeon for questioning and after that..." She trailed off. I sprung off the bed. The dungeons were the very bottom of this huge mansion.

I got up, I wore and white tank top and a pair of flannel shorts. I didn't care what those yappy women said. Trent wa there for me when I had nobody. I won't let him come to harm, not when I know I can prevent it.

I picked up a big coat, even though it was March it was still really cold out. I slipped out of the room and rushed to the dungeon. There a man with red hair stopped me.

I raise my eyebrow at him and he shuffled his feet in nervousness. "No one is aloud to enter unless they have permission Luna." He said, with his eyes downcast in submission.

"I do have permission." I stated simply. His eyebrows shot up in shock, "But why would Alpha?" I raised my eyebrow again and he uttered a yes ma'am.

He opened the heavy door and I entered. I knew I didn't have much time before that man would go ask Jamal if I really had permission. Really the dungeon was silent other than some occasional snarls and begging.

I saw Trent in a corner with a 5 o'clock shadow which was usually shaven. I whispered his name and he turned o me with a snarl, his eyes gold. I flinched back.

His snarl disappeared when he saw that it was me. "Oh my god, are you ok? Mason ain't been the same without you. Your kidnapping was-"

"Wait, I wasn't kidnapped Trent. I ran away after I saw Fawn and Mason making out." I saw Trent was about to defend Mason but I beat him to it. "And no she didn't just kiss him to get under my skin. He was kissing her back and feeling her up. I ran away but the third in command cut me so I made it here, after a while my bond with Mason snapped and Jamal and I formed one. And now..." I opened my jacket so he could see my baby bump.

He sat silently for a moment. "If your not leaving... Then I'm staying." My eyes widened and tears flooded my eyes. "Can I... Can I feel the baby?"

I nodded and came close to the bars. He reached his arm out and began to feel my baby bump. He smiled wide. "I'm happy for ya darlin."

A loud snarl sounded and I was yanked gently back by Jamal. He snarled at Trent who sat stonily. I snarled at Jamal and stepped in front of Trent. Jamal stared at me in shock.

"Trent is joining this pack." I said with a smile. "Maria, he's the beta of-"

I cut him off, "He's my Bestfriend and he's staying." I said with a steel edge to my voice. Jamal looked from me then to Trent, then back to me. "I'm sorry, I just can't." I narrowed my eyes at him

"If Trent goes then so do I. If you love me you will let him stay. If it weren't for him, I honestly don't know if I would be alive right now." I told him honestly.

Jamal sighed and rubbed his face as if he were tired and I did feel a bit of regret but I wasn't going to back down. "Ok, he can stay." Jamal said. I squealed and jumped into his arms.

"I love you Jamal." I whispered into his ear. He tightened his hold on me, " I love you too."