Chapter 4

I awoke to the moonlight shining through the balcony door. I sat up quickly, recalling earlier with Mason. I blinked my eyes and winced. My eyes always got crusty after crying and sleeping. I began to rub vigorously, trying to get all the eye boogers and the rest of that crap out of my eyes.

I looked around the room, trying to think of my next step. I didn't even bother checking the balcony door. I knew it was going to be locked after my little episode earlier. What if I broke the glass on the side and got out? I shook my head. Shaking the thought out of my head. The freaking werewolf would hear me and would be up here in seconds.

"Don't even try princess. It ain't gone budge." Said a thickly southern accented voice. I turned slowly to see Tattoos sitting in a lovely cream colored Victorian chair. He looked layer back and his jaw was fully intact.

"My, your jaw is looking much better than the last time I saw you. So much for a princess huh?" I sneered at him. He glared at me for a moment. Then he burst out laughing. That just infuriated me but I schooled my features and didn't let it show.

"What's your name?" I demanded. He stared for a moment. "My name is Trent, little lady." He moved and sat with his elbows on his knees. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"To watch you." He said. He muttered something else under hi breath which I maturly ignored. "Be careful. I might have something other than a rench to break your jaw with again. And your supposed to be such a big man." I smirked as his face became red with anger.

He stood up. "Why you little-" the door burst open cutting him off. Blondie walked in. He looked between me and Trent, then back again. Trent opened his mouth to explain but Blondie held up a hand, silencing him.

"I don't even want to know. Just bring yourself and the girl down to the hall. Its time for dinner." And with that he walked out. We stared at his retreating figure until he turned a conor

"Dramatic one isn't he?" I asked Trent. He laughed and shook his head. "Come on princess. I'm hungry."

"You would be hungry big guy." I said as we walked through the halls. His booming laughter was all you head as we entered a huge dining room. There was a very long table with what looked like a hundred chairs filled with werewolves. They stared at us as we walked in, Trent's loud laughter making me blush.

Trent grabbed my arm and took me to the head of the table. All the chattering we heard instantly stopped when we walked in. Trent led me to the end of the table, and there sat Mason, in all his dark sexy glory.

He looked at me and smiled gently, weakly. Then down at Trent's hand holding my arm and growled. There was one seat to the right of him which trent guided me to and quickly let go of me. He sat on the left side, one seat away from Mason while Blondie sat between them.

Everyone stared at us, silently. It was when Mason turned and lifted his eyebrow that everyone began talking once more. Mason looked back at me and smiled. He grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently before he let go.

What are all these people doing here? Why won't any of them make eye contact with me? Why does Mason smell so damn good? I just wanted to reach across the table and-. Wait. What am I thinking? Why can't I control these freakin thoughts? What's wrong with me?

Mason calling my name dragged me out of my thoughts? I looked at him. His face held concern and adoration. "Your glaring at your food as if it killed your mother." He said. I turned my scowling face on him.

"My food didn't kill my mother, you did." I snarled at him. I instantly wanted to take the words back. Mason looked as if he had been slapped, hurt was marring his gorgeous face. I looked down at my hands. "I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I'm just a bit frustrated." I said softly as tears prickled my eyes making my vision blurry.

He put his hand in my shoulder, spreading heat and sparks from where he touched me. "What's wrong, baby?" The hurt disappeared from his face. I stared him deep in his eyes.

"Maybe I will tell you one day." I said starring at his lips. The ones that I wanted to ravish mine. This mam had no clue what he did to me. His eyes darkened with lust as he stared at me and I looked away quickly. I noticed many of the pack members were starring at me and I blushed.

Then I frowned. Why didn't I freak out when I found out I was not kidnapped by humans but by werewolves? Wasn't I supposed to be like the girl in the movie who flipped out and cried all the time? I scoffed. No I was definitely not one of those girls.

"Princess is spacing out again boss." Said that annoying little southern voice. I glared at Trent. "Shut up." I told him. Everyone began to eat and I looked down at my plate which consisted of grilled chicken, broccoli cheese rice, and corn. It was the most heavenly smell ever. I picked up my untinsels licking my lips. Only to see Mason staring at me from the cornor of my eye. Oh what now?

I looked at him. "Problem?" I asked ready to finally eat my food. He chuckled softly. "No, no. No problem. Its just... I've never seen a girl that wasnt shy to eat in front of her mate the first time." I laughed.

"Don't worry," I said. "I am far from the shy type." I pick up my fork and shoveled some of the rice in my mouth.

Blondie looked at me with a horrified look. "Your so disgusting." He said with a twisted face. A loud growl thundered through the room, coming from Mason's chest. I just laughed.

"I don't see you looking any better, buttercup." I told him. I know this Justin Bieber wanna-be did not just call me disgusting? Pfft. He scowled at me harder.

"You listen here you little-" I cut him off with my voice ringing of power and authority. My tone was cut and clipped, icy cold. "No. You listen here, you little Justin Beiber wanna-be. I will not tolerate your rudeness after I have done nothing wrong to you. So you and that little additude and leave me out of it because I'm sire you don't want all of dis." I motioned to my body. "Up in it."

Blondie's race was red as a tomato. He scowled at me then got up and left the table without even touching his food. Trent looked at Blondie's retreating figure pointedly. Then he reached over and dumped everything on Blondie's plate onto his.

First Mason started laughing, then a few others, until everyone was laughing. I smiled sadly and continued to eat. Its sad that I'm going to have to leave this magical place so soon.