Chapter 26

My pregnant wolf ran as she could, the only thing she was thinking about is protecting our pup. We shifted as soon as we got to the door. The howls of the other wolves were getting closer and closer. I opened the door and slammed it shut. I ran into our bedroom. This is where try would expect us to run.

I had little time to get my scent everywhere in this room an the other down the hall. That way they won't be able to find me as quick and hopefully by then help would arrive. I ran around the room, brushing up against everything, then went across the hall and did yesterday same to that room. The door burst open and I cussed. I hid in one of the most dumbest places ever.

The back of the closet.

I cursed again but I didn't have any time to think of a better hiding place. I heard two heavy footed wolfs climbed up the stars. "I know I saw her run in here, she's in either these two rooms. I can smell her." He said with relief. What the fuck, relief?

I heard them look around the room, and then finally they opened the closet door. I could see them through the clothes a bit, and that's when one of them made eye contact with me.

"Luna!" He said, he went to grab me but I snarled. He withdrew his hand in confusion. "I'm sorry Luna but if you don't come willingly... I'm going to have to take you by force." My wolf began whispering in my ear to do as they said. They could hurt my pup if I fight back.

I stood up and they escorted me outside the house. Tears were like a river, flowing down my face. They took me to through the woods and at each second I was wondering, when would my salvation arrive?

In the woods was a road, which had a black truck parked on it. I was helped into the back seat . Once the door closed I turned and saw Mason.

I stared at him, wanting to have nothing to do with him. His gaze traveled down to my swollen stomach. Panic constricted my chest. I placed my hands over my belly. "We have a baby together?" He asked, his face breaking out in a huge smile. What the fuck?

"What?" I asked. "We had sex, and now that I remember it, without a condom. This baby has to be mine." I knew for a fact it wasn't. I had my period a week after we had sex.

He leaned forward and I leaned away from his touch. He sighed. "I know your still mad about that Fawn thing but I saved your life. You should be thankful." I looked out the window of the moving car. Watching as we left my home far behind.

"No. You didn't save it, you destroyed it."