Chapter 27

I spent the whole time covering my baby bump from Mason's sight.  I thank the moon goddess that I never got pregnant with a sick bastard like him. We had been driving for about two days until we pulled up to the house from which I ran.

Mason got out and opened the door for me. He held his hand out expectantly but I just slid around him and out of the car. I could feel the states of the pack, there was only 1/3 of the old pack here. Some looked relieved to see me while others looked sympathetic.

Mason grabbed my hand but when I tried to shake it lose he just tightened his grip. I was guided to my old room. "I have someone to keep you company." He said cheerily. I mentally groaned. Then Fawn bounced into the room. I didn't feel the anger or jealousy I felt before towards her, because honestly. I didn't give a damn who Mason fucked and who he didn't.

I sat in a rocking chair in the corner of the room, Fawn kept the smile on her face frozen which was really weird. It seemed as if she changed, as if the blind bimbo I knew before totally changed. He kissed Fawn on the forehead before locking us both in.

Fawn came over to me and took my hands in hers as I stared at her. My wolf told me something had happened to her. Something that changed her totally... So I let her. I could feel myself stepping into Luna mode.

"I'm so sorry." She said. Then she fell to her knees and began to sob quietly into my lap. I stroked her hair and let her sorrow run its course. After about 30 minutes she quieted down. She lifted her head but stayed on her knees before me.

"I found my mate a month ago. He was so handsome, sweet, he had bright blue eyes and brown hair. He was everything I could ask for." I didn't say anything, I just let her talk, feelings as though she needed someone to listen to her.

"The plan before was that when I found my mate I was supposed to reject him... God I was so stupid. I couldn't just reject my mate like that. So instead we planned to run away together. But there was a girl who hated me. I don't blame her. You know what a bitch I was. She tried to convince him to not run away with me but he didn't listen because he loved me. So she went to Mason. And-and he killed him!" She began crying histarically.

"I don't think she knew Mason would do that bu-but he got so angry. And he killed Seth for it. He killed my mate. The other part to my soul."

She was quiet for a few moments. "I'm so sorry. What Mason and I planned to do was an awful, stupid thing. I'm so sorry." I nodded my head accepting her appology. If it weren't for her... I wouldn't be with Jamal now.

"Listen to me. We can get out of here, and we will. You can start a new life with my pack. And... You still have a chance with finding the other half of your soul. Just think and look at yourself. I believe this was a wake up call from the moon goddess. She took your first mate to get you to wake up, and realize what's wrong with yourself, to make yourself a better you. I bet your second chance mate will be even better than your first. But first we have to get out of here.

Fawn nodded and wiped her tears away.

"Now let's get to making a plan, I'm ready to go home." I said smirking. I leaned back, rocking the chair as I wrapped my hands on my swollen belly. I'll be back soon lover.