Chapter 20

⚠ ⚠ Warning!! Sexual content in chapter ⚠ ⚠

The drive home was silent as well, although both of us had a smile on our faces and kept taking glances at one another. Once we got home Jamal swooped me up in his arms and began to kiss me, his lips trailed fire in his wake as I moaned. He picked me up and led me to his bedroom. His bedroom was as expected, colors like grey, blue and white. Nothing dirty about his room.

He played me down in his bed kissing my neck as I wished against him, whimpering. He sat up and looked deep in my eyes.

"I want you here with me, always. And it's not because I worry for you and want to protect you, though that's part of it."

He twisted a strand of my hair in his fingers, searching my eyes.

"I want to wake up with you every morning. I want your clothes in my closets and drawers and not in the guest room. I want to come home and find you here - or be here when you come home - because this is where you live, not someplace that your hiding out from the bastard."

I swallowed, mesmerized by his words and his loving expression. He stroked my face lightly.

"I want to take care of you.," he said huskily. "I want to marry you. I want us to have children with your beautiful eyes the color of the summer sky and your marvelous curly hair -"

He stopped at my sharp gasp. I felt my eyes fill and blinked, the tears rolling down my cheeks. He lifted a hand to wipe them away tenderly.

"I want a future with you, Maria. I want a life with you."

He ran his hands down my arms, closing his fingers around mine. His voice was a gentle caress, spilling over me like lapping water, making my body tingle and my head spin.

"You needn't decide now," he said, stroking my fingers. "You can let me know when you're ready. I just want you to know I want this - you...us. So when you're ready - if it's what you want - we can begin." He tightened his grip on my hands. "Will you think about it? About - everything?"

I watched him, shock and joy flooding through me.

"I'm ready now," I whispered.

A brilliant smile lit up his face and my breath caught in my throat.

"Really?" he asked, looking delighted.

I giggled at his astonishment. "Yes," I said, slipping my arms around his neck. "Yes," I repeated in a whisper, brushing my lips against his.

His mouth captured mine in a lingering kiss, his arms crushing me to him. He nudged my top up and slipped it over my head. His gaze followed his hands as they caressed my neck and my breasts. I wiggled out of my underwear and he lifted me to his lap. My body was quivering with excitement at the feel of his warm hands on my skin after so long. With a shuddering breath, I lifted his shirt off and pressed my lips to his chest, my fingers tickling his chest hair. I slid to the floor to remove his jeans and boxers, running my hands up his legs as I admired him.

"You're so amazing," I breathed, stroking his muscular thighs and his trim waist. "You're perfect...and you're all mine..."

He pulled me into his lap again, settling my legs on either side of him.

"And you're mine, love," he murmured before his lips found mine.

I rocked against him, gasping in delight at the sensation. My head fell back and I felt his fingers between my legs, finding the button at the center of my pleasure and circling it steadily. I shuddered instantly, moving my hips against him. I circled my fingers around him, desperate to feel him inside me, but he held me securely, continuing to move his fingers until the tense coil deep inside burst apart and I shrieked and whimpered with pleasure. The warm tingle spread throughout my body until my ears were buzzing and my fingers felt numb.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered, kissing my neck.

His hand covered mine, still wrapped around him, and we guided him together, sliding him home in one gentle thrust. He stroked my back and my legs, his mouth finding my breasts and teasing the nipples with his tongue. I locked my arms around his shoulders as our bodies met, alternating fierce, urgent movements with deep, languid thrusts. I felt him swell inside me and met his eyes. Threading my fingers in his hair, I smiled slowly and angled my hips. My release began and I lost the ability to move, only able to hang on to him as he drove me over the edge twice more.

"Come with me," I begged, my mouth finding his.

He groaned and gripped my waist, holding me steady as his body moved beneath me. I whimpered and moaned against his lips, spasming around him as he pressed me onto him for one final thrust and gasped my name as he came in me. I slumped against him, our arms around each other. Our chests heaved in unison, his heart pounding rapidly against my chest. I pressed further into him to feel the reassuring beat, the tangible proof of this wonderful man who loved me, who was mine.

Our breathing slowed and he began placing soft kisses on my lips, cheeks, forehead.

He pulled the covers from under us and put them on top of us. He put his arm around my waist, and I hooked my leg over his, snuggling my face into his warm hard chest as I let sleep drag me under.