Chapter 28

I smiled at the jolly people like a plastic Barbie doll. On the inside I was shaking like a bunny that had just got snared by the big bad wolf.  I sat at the end of the table, in Trent's old spot. Fawn sat to the right of Mason while he sat and smiled quietly, as if he were victorious. I just want to claw that smile from his face and leave him bloody.

I rubbed my belly, I had been here a week and now our plan was to be set in motion. My eyes connected with Fawns and she winked. Fawn somehow got a message through to someone, who got to Jamal. I wonder who it was. I thought to myself.

All of a sudden, broken glass and screams rang out through out the night. Mason jumped up, and began screaming commands as the smell of rouges drifted through my nose. Fawn and I looked at each other, as hundreds of people ran around screaming.

Everything seemed to happen as if it was in fast forward. Fawn ran around the table and grabbed me as Mason fell over in his chair. She grabbed my hand and we ran out the door, she led me through a series of turns before we came to the court yard.

There I saw at least 700 wolves, some with red, glowing eyes (rouges) and others part of Jamal's pack. I nearly cried and laughed at the same time. Wolves raced out of the mansion, and that's when war broke out. A terrifying howl echo sounded behind us and that's when we began to run again.

Fawn and I ran towards the woods, to the northeast, where Jamal would meet us in a small clearing surrounded by trees.

I could feel my feet begin to cut and bleed as we ran through the thickets. Tears ran down my cheeks as my stomach began to slowly hurt. Panic and adrenaline pumped through me, making me run harder to get there. We burst through the trees, and I fell with a loud cry. I held my stomach breathing hard as my nose hurt from sucking up all the frosty air. A snap sounded through the air, and my face snapped towards it.

Callen (if you don't remember who this is, it's Jamal's beta) stepped out. "Callen? Where's Jamal?" Callen glanced around nervously. I felt uneasy around him, my wolf was clawing at the surface to run, find out mate and to leave.

"I got here before him, listen there's something I-"  Jamal bounded out of the trees. Tears rushed to my eyes and I crawled to him as he dropped down and held me. He stroked my hair and kissed me, breathing in my scent as he whispered how he would never lose me again.

"Listen, I have something to tell you-" a growl emitted from the bushes, and low and behold. Mason came out.

Who was soon tackled to the ground by none other than Trent.

"Well fuck, how many people are going to show up?" Fawn cussed.

Mason began laughing, hysterically while Jamal growled at him. "Give it up, your surrounded." I heard Fawn giggle something about the LAPD and I gave her a warning growl. Now isn't the time to make jokes.

"Surrounded? Think again. I can snap Fawn's scrawny neck with my pinky, Maria is pregnant, and Callen? If you think he is on your side then your mistaken." Mason said sniggering.

We all looked towards Callen. He began to shake his was frantically, his eyes begging. "Please no, that's not it-"

"So it wasn't you, who made sure my pack for through your boarder watch? To kidnap 'your' Luna?" Mason said smiling sickly.

"I did, I was a traitor. He had my brother. He was going to kill him, unless I did what he asked. I was sworn into secrecy. That was the deal, I get my brother and he gets our Luna. But he broke that deal when he killed my brother over... Over that bitch!" He started at Fawn with death in his eyes.

I saw Fawn's eyes fill with tears, knowing he was talking about her mate. I felt sorry for them both. "It's ok." I whispered softly.

"The hell it is." Jamal snarled.

And there we all were. Fawn, Jamal, Mason, Trent, and Callen. A part of me wondered who would all make it out of this clearing tonight.

All of a sudden, Mason lunged, his claws out and aiming for my stomach, my baby. Everything happened so fast after that. I felt his claws sink into me and the minute they touched me, the next they were gone. Another wolf, a light brown she-wolf lunged at Mason, ripping his throat out. Killing him.

I began screaming. And then, everything was black.

Drum roll please......
There is only two chapters left of the story. Lol after 6 months of writing I'm almost done. Love you all