30

Out of all the people in the fucking world, universe, the galaxy far fucking away, I never would have expected to see five Chained Angels standing before me in my home

I knew the people who raised Kalina would likely have an underworld connection, perhaps so low time drug dealers or street racers, the occasional underground fighter or two.

I got that and more...

Each and every one of them has their own individual vendetta against my family and mafia. Whether it be a simple drug deal gone wrong, or a killing or someone close, we all have our differences and hatred towards each other.

But... everything must change now.

With Kalina being a factor, everything is different. If one of us injure the other, we indirectly hurt the young girl we all care about. And I'm no idiot, I can see the love they hold for her.

The way Anthony Vecoli stared down at her with pride, watching as she defends him and his family. How Maddie Anderson puts a protective hand on her shoulder, offering a reassurance I have no doubt she needs. How Jamie Andrews already has his gun drawn and pointed at my oldest brother, who's aim was slightly above Kalina at Anthony. The way Killian and Luke stand by her side, ready to throw her behind them should gun fire start.

What they don't know is, none of us would risk the life of our little sister over a mafia feud.

"Kalina, Perché cazzo sono questi bastardi a casa mia?" Mateo growled as his deadly brown gaze glared at the five guests in our home.
(Kalina, why the fuck are theses bastards in my house?)

"Tuo padre ci ha invitato idiota." Anthony spoke, rolling his entrancing brown eyes.
(Your father invited us dumbass)

I leant against the marble pillar by the stairs, examining the movements each of them made.

Anthony stood tall and proud, a gleaming smirk resting on his well sculpted face, strong jawline, covered with slight stubble. The blonde fringe that fell in front of his eyes, giving them a dark glow. The others surrounded him as if he were some sort of king. Then again, he is the president of the California chapter.

"We didn't realise it was you who was with Kalina." Dad said, a crease in his forehead from his furrowed brows. "Boys, put the guns away."

"What!" Tristan growled, the gun still firmly pointed at Killian, who was smirking at the hot head of the family.

"Ora." Dad demanded, not taking any other response.
(Now)

Begrudgingly, Tristan holstered his gun, but his usual glare intensified and remained on the Angels.

"Kalina, they are your...adoptive family? Dad asked, his tone calm despite his facial expression being anything but.

"Yes." She replied, an anxious look spread across her face.