31

3 updates two days in a row!!!! Just done an mma and jujitsu competition so got lots of energy!!

I've been hit a lot in my life. Many times by people I thought cared for me, some other times people who simply paid for my services for an hour or two, and then fighting in general.

Unfortunately, with a background and childhood like mine, you always expect the abuse to begin at some point. Whether it be someone as close to you as Tristan, or as distant as Mateo, you expect a beating sooner or later.

"Kalina...I didn't- I- I'm so sorry."

Tristan tried to take a step forward during his apology, but a harsh shove back from Ace moved him away. Tristan was ready to start another brawl, when Mateo stormed across the room and stood in front of him.

"Get out of my sight." Mateo seethed, glaring down at his little brother.

With a defeated sigh, Tristan took his keys off the table in the foyer, and left through the front door.

The second Tristan was gone, Mateo had spun around to face me. Despite Ace standing protectively in front of me, Mateo looked at my with nothing but care and concern. Probably the most emotion I have ever seen from him.

Ace slowly backed off, letting Mateo pass through his guard. When he was finally in front of me, Mateo gently took my face in his hands, examining my already swelling cheek.

Subconsciously, I flinched from the touch, but settled at the trusting look Mateo held in his gaze. He titled my head to the side, getting a better look at the injury his brother had formed.

Moments later, without me even noticing he had left, Stefano passed Mateo a bag of ice. Antonio was now by my side, stroking his hand up and down my back comfortingly.

How it didn't make me uncomfortable I don't understand. But I liked the feeling of warmth he provided. All of their actions was drawing me away from my state of panic that Luke had prevented.

"Keep this on your cheek." Mateo instructed.

I jumped slightly from the bitter cold of the ice, but the soothing numbness it brought moments later drowned out the cold.

An arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me into a warm embrace. From the softness of their touch, I looked up to realise Maddie had brought me into a hug. Killian joined a moment later, kissing the top of my head.

Now stood Ace and Mateo, opposite each other as if it were some western standoff.

"All acts against our mafia are now in the past. I am willing to put an end to this war once and for all. For the sake of my sister, I am willing to let everything go."  Mateo held out his hand, his expressionless face gave nothing away but the honesty in his tone.

"On behalf of the Chained Angels, I forgive and apologise for actions of the past." Ace replied, shaking Mateo's outstretched hand.

But what about Aidan's mafia?

"And the Irish-Italian mafia? What about your alliances to them?" Antonio voiced my thoughts, catching everyone's attention.

"Your issues with the Irish-Italians and between you two. Whatever may come, the Chained Angels of California will have no role in actions against you." Maddie continued, lifting her head from mine as she replied to Antonio.

"How are we supposed to trust that you won't give information to Aidan Rossi? After all, you are his underboss Anthony." Antonio continued.

"Aidan knows the value of family. He'd never put me in a position where I must choose between Kalina or him." Ace said.

"And we're just supposed to believe this." Antonio has always been clearly defensive of his family, but now he's pushing it.

"Kalina means more to me than any alliance or friendship." Ace snapped. "I'd gladly give up everything I had for my baby sister."

The use of 'baby sister' formed some tension in the room. But it eased away as his remaining statements fully processed through the biology family. That I mean to Ace exactly what I mean to them. Doubting Ace's love and devotion to me would be like doubting themselves.

Now they fucking shut up.

"I am thankful that this whole ordeal is over. However, have you got any more intel on the information you shared with my sons and myself earlier." Christopher spoke.

"Aidan Rossi, despite his justified hatred for your family, has agreed to help with the situation. He has asked to arrange a meeting to share all the information gathered on the subject." Ace told them, not giving a hint as to what the 'situation' is.

What the fuck is happening?

After a silent moment in hesitation, Mateo nodded his head. "A public building, under the Montessori name, with no weapons or security in the room."

"I'm sure Aidan will accept that." Jamie said, soothing the hair running down my back

"And why would the vicious cunt be so willing to help?" Tommaso growled out.

Tommy did not just swear! And why is he so angry?

"Because, he cares more than you think. He has his own reasons for wanting to help." Killian snapped.

I'm so confused as to why no one is telling me what is happening. Ace and the rest have never once kept a secret from me. No matter how big and destructive it may be, I was always informed of the issue at hand.

This seems like probably the biggest problem of all. Well, it's nothing compared to him...

The fact that three arch enemies have come together to overthrow what I can only assume to be a higher power of evil, shows that this threat is a promise. I don't know what happened between the two mafias and the gang to cause such rivalry against the Montessori's, but it must have been horrid.

And the way that all of this has been forgotten in a matter of hours...

Two hours later the Chained Angels left the house, heading home for the night while I stayed in the mansion. My brothers checked my face multiple times, and Christopher brought me in some ice cream to eat.

Tristan didn't return till the early hours of the morning. I heard him momentarily stop outside my bedroom door, as he usually did, but he didn't go inside.

I know it was more my fault than his that I got hit, as I stepped in front of his punch, but no one hurts my family.

No one hurts the man who saved me the most.