39

Personally, I've always welcomed the silence

Personally, I've always welcomed the silence. It was reassuring to know you were truly alone, no one hiding in the shadows, no enemy luring in the corner, no fear waiting to approach. I embraced the silence as I knew, there was nothing to fear.

Silence was always a peaceful feeling for me, whether it be in my bedroom or the cells of the prison, silence was envied and rarely received.

I had hoped to be silent as I snuck out of Carter's bedroom. Aidan had took the two of us back to his house after I saw Spencer. While Aidan was preparing for an attack and upping the defences and security around us two, Carter and I had a sugar rush; then a food coma.

Once I heard the door shutting cease and the footsteps disappear, I crawled out of Carter's bed, tip toeing my way towards the door.

But as my brain began to function, I had another idea.

Turning back to the bed, I saw Carter laid cheek of the bed, his hood falling slightly as his back was turned to me. Reaching forward, I gently grabbed the edge of the hood with my fingertips.

I've always wondered why Carter hid his face so much. What scared him so badly that no one was allowed to see him properly. After all the time we've spent together since we met a month ago, I consider him one of my closets -dare I say best- friend.

But then I realised what I was doing; and let go of his hood, turning away.

If Carter is so insecure about what he's hiding, I have no right to go exposing him whilst he's vulnerable in his sleep. I would kill the person who did that to me. When and if Carter is ready to show me his insecurities, that is his decision.

Quietly, I opened the bedroom door, and crept down the hallway. Peeking my head around the corners, I tiptoed my way through the mansion all the way down to Aidan's garage. Searching the key rack, I grabbed he Tesla car key and opened the thankfully silent garage door.

Approaching the car, I noticed a bench against the wall holding Chinese ring daggers and two guns. Grabbing the lot, I put the daggers in my boots, a gun in my waistband and another on the passenger seat. Getting in the car, I drove out the garage, through the heavily guarded front gate insisting that I must return home for medication and explaining how I was perfectly safe with the weapons and meeting my brothers on the way. Thankfully they believe me and let me go.

Speeding down the road, in typed in the tracking system on my phone. While I may not be able to read clearly enough even with my new glasses- I know licence plates.

And I remember the one of the SUV.

Within a few minutes the car had been tracked and I was given directions there. Speeding down the quiet streets, I sat in silence with one thing in mind:

Murder.

I had no plan, I had no way in, I had no assurances I would survive. All I had was determination.