47

All my life, I never considered the fact that I could love someone other than Daniel, Lorenzo and the club

All my life, I never considered the fact that I could love someone other than Daniel, Lorenzo and the club. I thought the love of a family was all I'd ever know.

I had accepted the words of my mother, 'you are unworthy of love'. I grew up believing I was just an object; a source of income for my mother, and a warm body for the men who pay.

As the months have passed, I've slowly come to realisation that I can love others. Aidan has crept his way into my life, making me feel like no one else has made me: safe, comforted, appreciated.

"You said you love him!" Carter, Maxim and Jayden all yelled.

Meekly nodding my head, all of them sat there shocked. Carter's face pulled into a grin, "Did he say it back?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I mumbled "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Jayden asked with a scrutinising gaze.

"I sort of ran away."

"You ran!" The three of them yelled once again.

"How has your love life come this far without us." Maxim sighed, dragging his hand over his face.

"What happened next?" Carter questioned, wincing at the thought of what I could've possibly done.

"I...might've ran across the street, nearly got hit by three cars and a bus, and hidden in an ally till I could run home."

Looking back on it now, I realise how stupid that was for me to do. I nearly died five times yesterday; four from moving vehicles, and once from pure embarrassment.

I'm just thankful school was today so Aidan couldn't kidnap me and take him to his house for the day; something he would definitely do.

"For fuck sake." They all sighed.

By the end of the day, I had been lectured numerous times by Jayden, Maxim and Carter all on separate occasions.

Tristan and Tommaso nearly overheard our conversation, till I smacked all three of them over the head so they shut up before my insanely overprotective brothers hear about my older... Aidan.

On the way home, the two of them were acting oddly suspicious. It wasn't until we got to the house and they remained in the car did I realise why.

Waiting in the driveway was the rest of my brothers and Christopher, all of them dressed in black suits with sunglasses hiding the majority of their faces.

"Kalina, your brothers and I need to go on a job tonight. Lorenzo is with a Ace tonight. They'll be guards here, we won't be back till late, don't cause any trouble please." I almost laughed at the fact that a brooding mob boss was pleading with a teenage girl.

"I'll be fine." I replied, a mischievous grin on my face.

"I should just call the fucking fire department now." Christopher sighed as he walked towards the car holding Tristan and Tommaso.

I waved bye to the cars as they drove away, a smirk on my face as I saw the worry on most of their expressions.

Chuckling to myself, I closed the front door behind me, practically skipping into the living room where I plopped on the couch. The next two hours were spent contemplating life and watching Friends.

Night eventually overtook the day, and my stomach began to rumble with hunger. Deciding on ordering a pizza, I waited in the kitchen where I poured a glass of coke.

Since I had the house to myself, I concluded snooping was the best way to pass time.

Going into Mateo's office, I began snooping through the draws. One after another I found meaningless document after document, nothing worthy of my attention. That was until my gaze landed on a black file, inside holding a single sheet of paper.

Name: Bianca Rossi
DOB: 15/5/2001
DOD : 15/5/2013
Italian-Irish
Hair: brown
Eyes: brown
Cause of death: car accident

Brows furrowed in confusion as i read the limited information held in the document. Why would Mateo have a document of Aidan's sister? Why haven't Aidan or Carter mentioned her? Why did she die so young?

All these thoughts swarmed my mind as I held the single piece of paper in my hand. Answers to questions I hadn't even thought of puzzled my brain.

Sneaking into Tristan's bedroom, I decided to see what I could use to blackmail him for cupcakes with later. Shuffling through the draws and cabinets, I ended up at his nightstand. Pulling open the top draw, I saw an almost empty bottle of lube, a butt plug, all piled on top of multicoloured XL condoms.

"Ew. Ew. Ew."

Quickly slamming the draw shut, I ran out the bedroom and sprinted to the kitchen, washing my hands with every product I could find.

Sighing, I drank my coke till I heard the doorbell rings. Getting up, I quickly answered the door where one of the guards, Samuele, was holding my pepperoni pizza and garlic bread.

"Thanks Sam." I grinned, taking the delicious smelling box from his hand.

I only got a stiff nod in return, as usual for the guards around the estate. Closing the door with my foot, pizza boxes stacked in one hand and a glass in the other.

Spinning back round to head to the living room, a scream left my lips as the glass and boxes fell from my hands and hit the floor.