36

🎄MERRY CHRISTMAS🎄

I woke this morning alone in my room, Mateo must have left in the earlier hours

I woke this morning alone in my room, Mateo must have left in the earlier hours. After doing my usual routine, and getting dressed into a pair of black jeans and a knitted white sweater, and a pair of black sneakers, I headed downstairs.

However, I was stopped on my way to the kitchen by a notification on my phone.

Christopher🔫🧍🏻🤑
Kalina, can you come to my office

Turning around, I redirected myself to the office hallway; a place I have yet to explore. Like the majority of the house, there was simple modern art on the walls, not pictures or photographs of the family.

At the end of the hall, I knocked on the door, and heard Christopher on the other side. Going through as he said, I saw him buttoning up his peaky blinder like coat, lighting a cigarette.

"You're dressed, perfect. Let's go."

Was all he said, a smile on his cheery morning face. Confused, I followed after him, all the way outside where a car was already waiting to go. He opened the passenger seat for me, and once I was inside, got in the driver's seat. Two SUVs followed behind us as we left the estate.

"Where are we going?" After a few minutes I finally asked Christopher.

"To the doctors." Christopher answered. Upon the worried look no doubt on my face, he clarified, "To figure out what is preventing you from being able to read or write."

"Who told you?" I questioned, curious as to how Christopher knew this.

"Antonio."

Nodding my head, I recalled the time Tristan covered for me with Antonio, saying how I may need glasses. It was only a matter of time before I was taken for testing.

After a short while, we drove slightly further into the city, and parked inside a warehouse on the edge of town. It was a simple, large brick building, a few broken windows here and there.

There were a few guards stood by the -now- open garage door, all of them nodded respectfully towards the car as we passed by. Inside was concrete floors, a few hanging lights, and shelves full of crates. What caught my attention most however, was the multiple matte black Lamborghini 4x4s parked along the side of the wall.

"This is your warehouse?" I couldn't hide the disappointment in my tone as I looked around the room.

"This...is our main warehouse." Christopher smirked.

As I went to say something, the floor beneath me shook. Then, the car started to descend into a basement.

"It's a lift," Christopher explained, "We own ten square miles of storage, safe rooms, cars, drugs, medical rooms, and above ground we run our dirty money through every supermarket, corner shop, nightclub, restaurant, any sort of public establishment above that ten square miles."