Chapter Five

꧁𓊈༒𓊉꧂

Like Ghost had said, his training was hell, I had found out the hard way, constant pushups, running, and drills that had been hammered into me by the ROTC then some. After three weeks I was cleared to train by medical staff I was whisked away to the training barracks by the much taller than myself Ghost.

I stood in issued cargo pants, a brown tee shirt, and heavy black boots on the padded floor for the training room. Ghost was wrapping his hands in boxers wrap while watching me.

"Don't worry about wrapping your hands," he commented as he tugged the bandage, "I'm only doing it to soften the blows. I doubt yours could hurt me."

Price had decided to watch my first training session with a few others including Soap, Gaz, König, and a few others who have been on base here in Texas.

Kane sat next to Soap as his tail wagged back and forth. Thankfully Soap was kind enough to look after him during the times I couldn't. His leg and almost fully healed and the cracked ribs he had gotten were completely gone.

I turned my attention back to Ghost.

"Sounds like you are underestimating me," I scoffed.

"Not at all," Ghost's English accent teased, "I know what you are capable of. After you train with me you will want to quit and not want to be trained."

I bit my tongue, so that's what the plan was, get me to give up.

"You ready to start?" he asked and secured his other hand.

I nodded and watched him work the wrap around tugging lightly, "Yes sir."

He stood straight and worked the bindings around his wrist. I eyed the very muscular man. He stood two heads taller than myself and a head and a half shorter than König. His brown tee shirt was well fitted across his chest leaving no imagination. I watched as his chest heaved and he gave one last good yank before closing off the wrap.

"When I give the go I want you to do everything to bring me down," Ghost shook his shoulders and tilted his neck causing a loud pop to sound, "I don't care if you use dirty tricks or not. The enemy won't play nice, remember that. We won't end until you give up."

Until i give up...
I caught onto his wording quickly.

"Yes sir," I didn't move to get ready as he did, I stood impossibly still.

"Go!"

Ghost ran at me full run, his larger than my own body coming at me like a train. I calmed my beating heart and dodged to the right and brought my elbow down on the back of his head before jumping back a few steps. Ghost was unfazed and turned back to charge me again.

While he had strength against me, i had pace and was a lot quicker than he was, but he also had years of training. One wrong move and i would be done.

He rushed in close and went to wrap his hands around me. I quickly ducked and moved out of the way again, trying to keep out of reach.

Do as your dad taught you, I whispered to myself, he said I could play dirty and I will.

I dodged out the padded mat as Ghost kept attempting to get me in his hold. My goal was the empty bar that sat in its rest for weight lifting.