Chapter Eighteen

꧁𓊈༒𓊉꧂

Morning came quick and my excitement grew tenfold. Gaz, Rudolfo, and I were on the tarmac waiting on the KorTac group. We had gotten word that the plane bringing them was ten minutes out and with taxing it would be close to thirty minutes before they got off.

Gaz was leaning against the large truck in his fatigues and a tan ball cap. Rudolfo had gone with a more casual look of a tee shirt and tan cargo pants and was standing next to me as we watch the large plane taxi slowly toward us. While I had put on a long sleeve shirt and my own Cargo pants, the atmosphere was more chill today and warranted a bit of protection.

I shook a bit from both chill and excitement. Rudy and Gaz had made fun of me as I rushed them around the fifteen-minute mark. Both of them now sharing a knowing look as I peered at them.

"I don't want to hear it," I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"We didn't say anything," Gaz chuckled and put a foot up on the grill of the truck while leaning in on it, "It's just funny seeing you l-"

"Shut up," I flushed and kept my eyes on the plane as it turned and started backing up.

The two let it be as the plane slowed to a stop to release its occupants and refuel before heading back out. I felt my heart thunder in my chest as the large cargo doors released and opened to meet the ground. I already could see König's light brown hair from the opening.

"My Bird!" He called with a large smile gracing his lips as he waited for the door to stop moving.

As soon as the doors finished I had rushed towards König. He held his arms open as I threw myself into him. I felt his chest rumble and I tilted my head to look over his face, his hands found their place over my cheeks and held me in spot as he placed a series of kisses over my cheeks and nose before landing on my lips as I giggled against his lips.

"I have missed you," he murmured, "Your face is cool, let us go, we can continue later."

I laughed, "Hallor, I don't care about that right now. I've missed you,"

"Then I will care enough for the both of us," he dropped his hands and wrapped an arm around me as he led me towards Gaz and Rudolfo, "Where are we meeting at?"

"Price is at the main building, we will drive you guys over there," Rudy explained and opened the driver's door before sliding in.

A female roughly passed by us. Her shoulder slammed into my arm as she walked to the truck, her long hair pulled back into a braid as she opened the door and threw her gear in before jumping up into the seat. She didn't give us a second glance as she slammed the back door closed.

"That is Roze," König peered down at me, "She isn't happy to be called in to help with 141's problems."

"Oh," I muttered and tugged his arm off my shoulder, I peered up at König, his grey eyes trailing over my face, "Since she jumped into the back I will have to sit up front with Gaz and Rudy. I wouldn't want to put O'Conor between two people he doesn't know. I know how guys can be and your too big for that."

"Ah," König flushed a bit and sighed, "I can hold out a bit longer. Declan wouldn't take well to being put between them."

"Damn right," the red-headed male said as he stalked around the truck to the other side, "Hurry up König."