Chapter Eight

Author note:
I would like to thank everyone who leaves comments and votes! I read all of your comments and they are wonderful! I'm so excited to do this story for you! For 3k reads, I was thinking of doing something special, lemme know what you suggest, I had an idea of a crack Chapter that wouldn't be canon to the story.

꧁𓊈༒𓊉꧂

I wasn't expecting Ghost to be around when König found me to practice at the range. I was shocked to find the masked man leaning against the table that held an assortment of guns.

The sun shining down made Ghost's white mask seem grey and his arms in the short sleeve black shirt looked a light tan. I noticed a tattoo wrapping around his forearm.

"He invited himself along," König whispered to me as we walked up to the table, "I think he's using this as a reason to evaluate your abilities."

"I'm just surprised is all," I whispered back and then smiled up at the giant, "I don't mind the plus one."

"I'm only here to oversee," Ghost huffed while he crossed his arms, "Price said no active duty situations I'm here to make sure nothing occurs."

"Didn't think you could hear me," König admitted and grabbed an M14 EBR and loaded a clip while grabbing the bolt-action back to load a shell, "M14 is live."

I stood beside König and watched as he brought the semi-auto rifle up to his shoulder and started firing at the targets at the end of the firing range. The sounds of fire were muffled by the earmuffs I wore. I watched as the targets shuddered with each impact.

König fired the last bullet and removed the clip before ejecting the last empty shell. He grinned down at me like a child showing something he's proud of.

"You said you were taught to shoot most weapons," he handed the M14 out to me, "Here, show me what you can do."

I took the heavy piece of metal and grabbed a preloaded clip from the table. I slid the clip into the gun and racked the bolt closed, "M14 is live."

I brought the gun up and looked down the iron sights at the target. I pulled the trigger and the M14 bucked against my shoulder. I had missed the target, hitting the backdrop instead, I fired two more shots. The first one missed again while the second hit the target's leg.

"A little rusty," I mumbled and aimed higher.

I only had seven shots left, i fired again, counting the bullets i had left. My bullets ended up finding their mark on the target's chest. I fired my last two bullets into the head of the target.

"Didn't think your father made you a deadly shot." König joked and took the gun as I handed it back to him, "You only missed two bullets out of ten."

"Dad would often bring me to the firing range on base when he could," I shook my shoulder, getting it to relax from the kickback of the M14, "I will admit it's been about two years since the last time I went to the range."

"Why not try the AW 50," Ghost had turned while I was shooting to watch, he picked up the large sniper from beside him and held it out to me, "I will be impressed if you hit anything with this."

"But shes-"

"Sure," I took the large rifle and flipped the bipod down with a loud snap.