Chapter Twenty-Two

꧁𓊈༒𓊉꧂

I felt my heart hammer against my chest as I walked up to stand in the corner of the mat. Roze stood across from me, she was dressed in thin black tights and a tight black shirt. She had wrapped her own wrist in tape as the other fights went on.

The woman's cold dark eyes judged me as we stood across from each other. We didn't even look away from each other as the door opened and three new voices joined in the group waiting on the outside of the ring. I recognized O'Conor, Alejandro, and Rudolfo from their voices.

Time seemed to move much slower as we waited for Ghost to give the call.

"Nothing like watching two women go at it," I heard Erin comment.

I took in a slow breath and released it as we waited.

"Fight!" Ghost shouted.

Time spend up and Roze lunged forward, her first aimed towards my head, the woman was quick and I had barely knocked her arm away before her leg caught my thigh. I yelped and dodged quicker. Her fighting style was nothing like Ghost, who was much slower and packed a hell of a punch, I took a breath as I started bringing my own strikes.

Roze dodged to my right and captured my arm in a hold, causing pain to shoot up into my shoulder as she wrapped herself around me. I had to get out of her hold quickly or she was going to cause damage. I twisted my body and wrapped my free arm between her legs, I lifted her into the air before slamming her and myself down into the mat. I heard her exhale as the wind was knocked out of her. She still held onto my arm but now I was across her body.

I took this chance and looked down towards where her head was. I brought my head back before bringing it down into her nose. She let out a shout as her hold loosened, I quickly pulled myself from her and rolled away before getting back up to guard against her.

Roze had moved away just as quickly as I escaped and glared from across the mat at me before charging towards me. She didn't give me a chance to fight against her as slammed into my center and lifted me up before slamming me down into the mat. She growled as she punched my face. I heard a crack and felt my nose drip as I brought my leg up and kicked her in the chest to push her away from me.

I rolled over my shoulder and lunged to where I had thrown her off. I had to end this soon or she was going to try and break something.

Roze had met my lunge and pulled my head to hold against her hip as she slammed her knee into my center. The air escaped me and I grabbed onto her thighs before raising her and slamming back into the mat with her. My chest burned in want for oxygen to enter. I turned over and grabbed Roze quickly before she could rise up and defend against me. I pulled her into a headlock and squeezed.

I could hear shouting from beside me as Roze clawed against my arm. She thrashed against my hold and tried to flip over me but I quickly wrapped my legs around her and flipped us over with me pressing her into the mat under me.

"Give up!" I growled next to her head, "Slam your hand on the mat, or I will make you pass out!"

She growled again and struggled against me more. My busted nose dripped over her cheek and onto the mat as I held her closer.

Fine, if we have to play this way then so be it!

I squeezed tauter and waited for her struggling to become weaker. A few seconds later Roze went limp against me. I quickly let go and pushed myself away from her and wiped my nose.