Chapter Twenty-one

꧁𓊈༒𓊉꧂

We made it back to base late in the afternoon. The Mexican armed forces were hard at work in training as we drove in and Rudy was leading the group as he waved at us as we passed.

I parked the truck and shut off the engine before looking towards the three standing men at the front door of the barracks. Rose, O'Connor, and Price stood talking as we got out.

"Welcome back," Price called over as we walked up, "I hope your date went well."

"It was great," I grinned and König moved to stand at my side.

"Good to hear," Price smiled warmly before he glanced over at Roze and O'Connor, "I hate to do this but im got the call from your father. He wants to push up the meeting. We will get going in a week until then I need us all sharp and focused. Ghost wants you to work on hand to hand with him and the KorTac members."

"Why them?" I asked and glanced over at the two standing next to Price.

"Ghost said something about you getting used to the way he fights," Price admitted and turned to head towards the main building, called over his shoulder as he walked away, "Get dressed in your gear, Ghost wants you all in the training building in an hour."

I glanced over at König and shrugged, "I guess it's back to work for us then."

"Yes, I will see you in an hour," He smiled before placing a kiss against my temple and nodded towards O'Conor before entering the barracks.

I sighed and turned away from the remaining two to head towards the training room where my gear had been stored with the rest of 141.

I entered the training building and spotted Ghost standing in front of the large wall mirror pulling on his normal boxer wraps. He gave me a nod as I entered and walked to the changing room.

I changed quickly and pulled on my black shirt and tan pants I used strictly for training with Ghost. I exited the room and began wrapping my wrist with boxers wrap, mainly to protect my wrist from training or a break, I was sure I would be fighting against Roze.

"I gather Price talked with you," Ghost asked and walked in front of me, he took the boxer wrap from my hands and started working on it, "I figured we could get the tension out of the way as quick as possible. Roze isn't going to respect you until you defeat her."

I glanced up to look Ghost in his eyes, they were trained down at my wrist as he worked the bindings, "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because you are a part of 141 even if only temporarily," Ghost sighed through his nose and glanced up at me as he paused in wrapping the bindings, "I didn't respect you either until you showed me you could shoot. I have a feeling Roze is the same way."

"I have to apologize," I gave a small smile as he went back to working my wrist, "when I first met you I thought of you as a hard ass without emotions other than rage."

His eyebrow quirked up from behind his surgical mask as I continued, "you still are a hard ass without emotions but you do show a bit of caring for your team."

"I have been wronged many times in my life," Ghost admitted as he yanked the wrap close, "It has caused me to be wary of anyone and everyone."

"I'm glad you are beginning to trust me," I admitted as he dropped my wrist.

"Don't break my trust then," He slapped a hand on my shoulder, "Kick ass."

"Got it," I nodded and slammed my fist against his hand, and stepped away from him to start stretching.

König was the first of KorTac to enter the training building, followed closely by Soap, Erin, and Roze.

"Conor said he was going to be here in a few minutes and to start without him," Roze explained as she stretched.

Ghost only nodded toward her before turning to look at Soap, "Why is he here?"

"He heard from Price that you were training with everyone and wanted to see if he could join," Soap explained and walked over to lean against my shoulder heavily, "I came to watch our little trainee do some work."

I shrugged my shoulder causing Soap to slip from his leaning, "Get off you tick."

"Oooh, someone is touchy today," Soap teased and leaned forward to look me in the face, "You get like Ghost when you train. I think he's rubbing off on you."

I put my wrapped hand over his face and gave a soft push, "I just don't play around like you when it's time to get down to business."

Ghost pointed towards Erin and then at himself, "Since you want to join so bad you will be going against me."

Erin gave a one-shoulder shrug, "I don't care who I fight. I'm just tired of sitting around."

Ghost gave a small nod then pointed to König and Soap, "Then you two will fight."

"No fair! I didn't want to join!" Soap scoffed.

"Too bad, If you're here you fight," Ghost cut his argument short and then turned towards me, "Then you and Roze."

I gave a curt nod and then turned towards König to see him give a look towards Roze. It was a quick look, as if warning the smaller woman, before he turned his gaze to me. He smiled a small forced smile before turning to listen to Ghost rattle off the rules.

Ghost and Erin were first up and stood opposite of each other while waiting on Soap to give the go.

"Fight!"

I felt my anxiousness jumble in my chest for a moment as I watched Erin and Ghost go at it. They both didn't hold back as Ghost parred and dodged against the slightly smaller male. Erin finally wrapped his arms around Ghost and went to throw him down while holding his arm in a lock. Ghost didn't give him a chance as he turned the odds against him with a twist of his upper body. In a moment of surprise, the masked man wrapped the black-haired guy in a head hold and dropped heavily to the ground. The fight was over. Ghost had won and Soap called the fight.

Erin stood from his spot from the ground and went back to his place off the wrestling mat.

"Soap, König," Ghost huffed, "Your next."

König gave a small nod before getting up on the mat with the much smaller Soap jumping up and down from his spot across from him.

I was cheering for both of them.

Soap gave König a grin while waiting for Ghost to give the go, "I'm not holding back friend, I hope you don't either."

"Never," König seemed to change as he leaned forward a bit and widened his stance.

"Go!" Ghost shouted from his spot next to me.

I watched as Soap twisted his body and gave a quick kick toward König's side. The taller man blocked his strike and pushed Soap's leg away before lunging forward to upper-cut Soap in the chin. I gasped as the hit connected and Soap staggered back a few steps before bringing his fist back to strike out.

As I watched the two go back and forth I noticed the change in both men. They were both ruthless and aimed to deal the most amount of damage to each other. It was a side of them I have never seen before and it caused a small bubble of fear to form in the back of my mind. I was aware that these men had bloodlust but to see it was something else.

König quickly captured the smaller man's hand and pulled himself close. He was going to for the finishing blow. He clotheslined Soap in his large arm and slammed him down into the mat, knocking the air from his lunges with the amount of force he slammed into him. After a moment of gasping, Ghost called the match, König was quick to help Soap into a seated position as he caught his breath.

"Your man is a beast," Erin commented from next to me.

I didn't comment as I watched the two slap each other back and Soap give a gasped laugh. At least Soap didn't hold grudges.

"Roze, Mori," Ghost nodded towards the mat.

It was finally my turn.

꧁𓊈༒𓊉꧂