Chapter Twelve

꧁𓊈༒𓊉꧂

Two weeks passed quickly. We found out that the cartel came and went as they pleased and more often than not women were seen getting put into the back of a van with a small group of men and taken to a second location. We had our targets.

Rudy and Alejandro were tasked once to follow them. They returned two hours later with the whereabouts of the second location. A wearhouse on the south side that was just on the outskirts of town.

Ghost during the times he was off rotation had me scope in with a empty sniper on the roof of the hotel. He taught me everything he could. He told me my basics were good and how to build on them. I learned that although Ghost was cold he wasn't mean. He just knew the harsh realities of the world and let it clouded his vision often.

Price was happy to hear from Ghost that i had learned all that i could. The rest would come from what i already knew. The only thing they had a problem with was that I have only ever taken one life and that was at the cabin when all this started.

I sat on the couch with the book I've been reading on the armrest. I was bummed that i hadn't heard from König since he shipped over to Germany. I glanced up when i saw everyone enter the room. Gaz and Soap wouldn't look at me. I closed my book and leaned forward in my seat. Something is happening and they were here to tell me.

Price stepped around the others and came in front of me. He leaned down in front of me, "I got a letter from your dad. He is requesting we back off."

"What?" I scoffed, "He knows we are here?"

"He is very angry you are here. He is threatening to compromise our position."

"You can't be serious," I looked down at my knees, "I worked hard. I got clearance with Laswell! You can't send me away!"

"I wasn't going to doll," He sighed, "But we have to make a move soon and the choice is up to you."

"What are you thinking?"

"We need to get into that club. We need to find out about the bombs. We either go with you or without."

"Price, you know what im going to choose,"

"Fair enough," He patted my knee, "Get ready for the club... Soap is going in with you"

"What am going in for? Anyone, i should look out for?"

"You are going in as a trade-in," He sighed, "I hate to do this but we have no other choice. Once you get transported to the second location we will get you out."

"Right, okay, So just sit pretty and wait," I felt my nerves rack up, I nodded and stood from my chair walking to the bedroom, "Im going to shower and get some... I want to... I'll be back."

I opened the door and entered,  closing the door behind me. They were going to trade me for info. Dad's pushing set things into motion and not for the better. I leaned against the door and slid down to the floor. This would be the first time on active duty. I wasn't prepared for it.

König came to mind. He was a bundle of nerves at times and could just shut his emotions off. I just had to lead by his example.

I took a slow breath in before pushing myself off the floor. I was going to take a shower and get into dark clothes. It would help during extraction.

Memento Mori (König x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara