CHAPTER 2

AUDELIA'S POV

Dinners with my family has and will continue to be at top on my list of 'Things I dread the most'. Everytime I find myself in the dining room of my father, it is like re-watching a movie for the thousandth time with no options to skip certain parts or to mute people's irritating voice.

Yesterday, when I returned back from the club, I was surprised to receive a call from my father, informing me about dinner tonight. In less than 2 hours I have be there. Yet, I am still sprawled on my bed, face buried in my pillow as I let out an irritated groan.

I lift my head when I feel something wet on my palm that is hanging on the side of my bed and soon a bark follows. I smile slightly as I see my baby, Arrow sitting next to the bed. "Hello to you too." I say, sitting up. Sitting on the edge, I pat his head as he barks cheerfully, clearly content with the affection.

Arrow is a Doberman and has been with me for more than five years now and is honestly one of the best things to have happened to me. Not only does he keep me company but he is also protective of me and listens to my rambles without saying anything.

"I have to go out tonight. So, be a good boy. I know you will, but still." I ramble as I move to the bathroom to get ready for the upcoming torturous dinner.

***

About an hour and thirty minutes later, I pull up in front of the familiar grey and white mansion where I have spent countless years of my life laughing, crying and training. Parking the car, I take my purse from the passenger seat and exit the car, locking it as I move towards the entrance.

Walking through the familiar hallways, I make my way to the dining room. Just like I had expected, everybody was already there, talking among themselves. My father was already seated in his usual spot at the head of the table. His dark brown hair is disheveled and wrinkles have started to form on his worn out face while his brown eyes have gotten darker since the last time I saw him. Much to his dismay, I inherited most of my mother's features- dark, black hair and green eyes.

To his right sits Diana- my stepmother. Her hair is a beautiful copper colour which only accentuates her light blue eyes. Elizabeth has taken the seat next to her. She is no different from Diana with the same long copper hair and light blue eyes. In short, the mother-daughter duo are both beautiful, though, I cannot not stand them- Diana more specifically.

She plays the roles of the evil stepmother perfectly. All she ever does is try to instigate my father against me. Just like I get off on the screams and fear of my enemies, she gets off seeing my father and I grow distant. She never misses an opportunity to throw snide comments my way, especially about what my non-existent morals and the way I like to lead my life. Lizzie is somewhat bearable since she never really irritates me or try to degrading me like her mother. We almost never talk to each other.

To my father's left sits Ezra, my stepbrother and the only person I can actually stand in the room and consider as my family except my father. Unlike his mother and sister, he has inherited his father's dark brown hair but his mother's eyes. Even though we are not blood related, he always treated me like his own sister.

Ever since my father remarried, he became the older brother I never knew I needed. He took care of my every needs and wants. He is the perfect older brother to me. He was always there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on following a heartbreak due to a stupid boy. He would always help me sneak out when we wanted to get away from our family and school work. In the midst of the hectic mafia world and our family world, we always confided in each other at the end. We formed a bond that was unique and special to us.

Healed By LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara