CHAPTER 41

AUDELIA'S POV

"Where are we?" I ask, taking Lorenzo's hand and getting out of the car.

"This," He motions to our surroundings. "Is my favorite place in Italy."

"Saved the best for last, I see." I smile, looking at the beautiful and serene place that emanates a warm, friendly feeling.

"Let's go." He placed his hand on the small of my back and leads me towards the entrance.

The entrance is beautiful with a rustic take to the entire exterior decoration. A curved, wooden lattice garden arch creates a beautiful walkway with vines snaking through the gaps, flowers blossoming here and there. Lattice fences stand on both sides of the wooden structure, encircling the entire property.

A cobblestone path starts near the arch, leading between the well-kept hedges on both sides. On the sides beyond both hedges are beautiful patio areas with a pergola, decorated with vines and flowers. Beds of different flowers grow around three sides, leaving one clear for the cobblestone path. The tables and chairs set up all enhance the theme of the place.

Both patio areas are taken up by people enjoying their lunch in the pleasant weather, chatting among themselves.

"This place is so nice." I say as we walk down the cobblestone path towards the simple building that follows the same theme as the exterior. Wood panels make up the structure of the building along with vines draping around. Different types of plant pots are placed along its perimeter with irregular distances between them. Despite the asymmetrical appearance of the plants, they all seem to merge together.

"Glad to know you are happy with it."

"I am way more than happy with this place." I correct him. He lets out a low chuckle as he extends his hand, opening the door and allowing me to enter first.

The interior is no different with wooden furniture, plants around the place, and artificial vines hanging from the ceiling with vintage light bulbs. Even if there are no partitions between the tables, they are well-spaced to provide people with privacy.

On the right side of the room is the counter and behind it stands a petite lady approximately in her early fifties. Behind her, the wooden barrels and vines act as a beautiful backdrop, and a door is positioned in the corner, no doubt leading to the kitchen.

As the door behind us shuts, the woman's attention snaps to us from whatever she was doing. Her eyes light up instantly, confusing me. She rushes out from behind the counter, moving towards us with a big, warm smile on her face.

"Oh caro, Guarda chi è!" Her cheerful voice rings in my ear as she rushes past me, shocking me when she pulls Lorenzo into a tight hug. I bite back a smile at the funny yet sweet sight of Lorenzo bending down to get to her height.

("Oh dear, look who it is!")

Lorenzo lets out a small chuckle as he pulls away. "Sembri ancora più bella nonna." Taking her hand in his, he kisses the back of it.

(You look even more lovely grandmother.)

"Le tue lusinghe non compenseranno la tua mancanza di visite Enzo." She dismisses him with a wave of her hand, a playful yet stern look on her face. "Pensavo ti fossi dimenticato di questa vecchia signora."

(Your flattery is not going to make up for your lack of visits Enzo. I thought you forgot about this old lady.)

"Non potrei mai. Mi sei mancata, nonna." He answers, earning a smile from the lady.