CHAPTER 38

AUDELIA'S POV

"Did you see him?" I ask Valeria, staring at the black tv screen in front of us.

She sighs. "Yeah."

"Is he ok?"

She scoffs next to me. "That idiot feigned a memory loss. He acted as if he did not know me and kept asking me my name. He even told me that strangers were not allowed in his stupid private room."

I let out a laugh under my breath, earning myself a jab in the ribs. "Don't laugh! I nearly cried in the room. That's why he dropped his stupid act."

"At least we know he is back to his old self."

"Did you meet Enzo?" She asks and it is my turn to sigh.

"His men keep guarding his door. Stefano is always lingering around his room. Not to mention Ezra is not letting me out of his sight." I throw a glance at the said person sitting a few feet away from us, engrossed in his phone.

"Last time I checked, Stefano went downstairs with your dad. I will take care of Ezra. You just need to take care of the guards." She shrugs at the end. "If ever Stefano comes back, I will call you."

"Okay." I let out a deep breath, grabbing my phone from the table. "I need you to deactivate all the cameras on this floor for a while. Can you do that?"

"Of course." She gets her phone out, enters an app, and does her thing. "Done. I will keep them off until you get back."

"Great. Thanks." Pocketing my phone, I get up from the seat.

The first step I take, I am interrupted by Ezra. "Where are you going, Addie?"

"Washroom." I say casually, sparing him a glance before exiting the room. As I close the room behind me, I hear Valeria's voice as she starts engaging Ezra in a conversation.

The hallway is quiet and I head for the elevator, pressing the button for the floor above us- where the guys' rooms are situated.

When the elevator door slides open, I take a peek at my surroundings, knowing the Italians had not warmed up to us yet. I had tried getting into Lorenzo's room earlier but was stopped by the two guards.

Apparently, no one from our mafia is allowed to be in their room alone- Stefano's order. The latter or his most trusted man- Giovanni and Lucas' fathers- should be with us. I still don't know how Valeria got into Giovanni's room without being stopped but she was successful.

Walking down one of the hallways, I take a peek at the corner, seeing two armed men outside Lorenzo's room. I smile to myself when my eyes fall on the small table against the wall.

Taking the vase in my hand, I throw it to the floor, causing it to shatter into pieces. Immediately I hear footsteps coming my way. Pulling my hood over my head, I stand against the wall, waiting for the two men.

From the corner of my eyes, I see two guns' barrels as they get near the corner. Before they turn and see me, I grab their wrists, snapping both of them. They release a groan as their guns clatter on the floor.

One aims a punch at me but I duck and at the same time, sweep a gun off the floor. I hit him on the back of his head with the gun, hard, causing him to stumble and fall down, unconscious.

The gun is kicked out of my hand but before he can do anything, I am behind him, my hands wrapped around him. I tighten my hold until I feel his body grow limp against me. I release him and he joins his friend on the floor.

Not risking anybody coming across them, I drag their bodies to a nearby room, locking it from the outside. On a serious note, Lorenzo needs better men to protect him- not that he needs it.