CHAPTER 7

AUDELIA'S POV

The room packed with designer clothes and expensive perfumes carry on with their chats as I stand by the bar, sipping on my fifth glass of champagne of the night, completely bored. I want nothing to do but leave this suffocating place filled with fake compliments and smiles.

Deciding to get a bit of air and space, I go up the stairs that lead to the floor above us which is built like an indoor balcony, overlooking the entire floor downstairs. I can clearly see everyone's interaction from those in the corner of the room to those in the middle.

A few of my hair strands flow in synchrony with the light breeze that passes by me. Turning to the side, I see a double French door down from where I am standing, leading to an outdoor balcony. It is open, letting the cold, mellow breeze to flow in the building.

My feet take me towards the doors on their own. I feel a slight chill pass through me as I near the doors. I halt in my steps, making out the outline of a familiar silhouette who had his hands on me not long ago, his fiery touch torturing my skin in the most pleasant way. Oblivious to my presence, he leans on the concrete railing, looking at the sky.

Despite the growing voice of reason, I pass the doors and advance till I stand next to him. None of us speaks as we continue to look ahead of us, the night keeping us company. Above us, the numerous stars twinkle in the dark while below us, the lit driveway casts a glow on the otherwise dark night. A while later, I feel his eyes on me.

"Do you need to say something?" I ask as I turn to the side, facing him. On of my hands rests on the railing as I lean against it, his whiskey eyes studying me. Without the blindfold, I can clearly see him up close. The same prominent features seem even more sharp and lethal and he towers over my 5'9 height and even my heels seem futile in front of him.

"Do you need to hear anything?" His eyes rest on mine. The same deep, mysterious voice reaches my ears. It is intoxicating, similar to whiskey his eyes remind me of.

Not knowing what to say, I just shrug, taking a sip of the champagne from my flute. His eyes remained fixed on my lips as they close along the rim of the flute. Smirking inwardly, I raise a brow at him as I lower the flute. His lips tug the slightest at the end as he takes the flute from my hand, his ghost touch lingering on my fingers.

Holding the flute in his hand, his eyes meet mine and he slowly raises it to his lips. My eyes follow his languid movements. I cannot seem to look away from his lips as they close around the outline of my lips left by my lipstick. When my eyes move up to his, I feel my breath hitch at the look in his eyes.

I finally break out of the trance as he takes his first sip. "Don't you know its rude to take things that do not belong to you?" He just looks at me, acting like he does not know what I am referring to which makes me frown. "This." I point to the flute in his hand. "Is mine D'Angelo."

"Want it back," His teasing voice makes its appearance. "Hernandez?"

He takes another, longer sip and I let out a scoff. Before I can say anything, his free hand snakes around my waist, tugging me closer and my hands land on his chest to keep some distance. He places the flute carefully on the railing. I grow more confused as his hand closes around my throat his fingers positioned under my jaw, pulling my face closer to his before tilting it upwards. I feel my insides heat up as his gaze pierces mine, sending a weird feeling coursing through my veins.

His eyes are shielded by an invisible barrier as I search for reasons behind his action but I let it go as he leans down. His lips linger on mine, separated by mere centimetres that seem like too big of a gap to me. My confusion fades into surprise as he parts his lips slightly and I find myself doing the same, welcoming the bubbling liquid as they move past our lips into my mouth.