CHAPTER 6

AUDELIA'S POV

"Why did I agree to stay again?" I ask as the waiters that were previously distributing champagne now walked among the throng of people buzzing with excitement, giving the women their blindfold.

"Because you were too confident that this was going to be easy." Ezra comments as I look around, seeing different expressions on the people- annoyance, wariness, curiosity.

"Next time that happens don't hesitate to put some senses in me." In the corner of my eyes, I catch Valeria who somehow got dragged into this stupid game looking equally as restless as me to get away from here. Her gaze meets mine and she mouths 'Kill me', a desperate look on her face. My expression mirrors hers as her shoulders slump.

I take the blindfold from the waiter, the black silk soft to the touch yet I want nothing but to wrap it around the person's neck who thought of this idea. "Are you really backing away from this right now? You are afraid of this little game?" Ezra teases as he takes the fabric from my hand.

I grit my teeth together knowing very well he is just trying to rile me up since I do not like giving up. "I am not exactly keen about the idea of a stranger having his hands on me while I basically miss one of my most important senses."

He turns me around and I see the various other men tying the blindfold around the women's eyes. "Understandable. Though, I doubt anyone would to touch you in the wrong way if they value their hands."

"If they value their life." I correct him as the fabric slides in front of my eyes, blocking my vision of the others. "I hope it does not ruin my makeup or I will be even more pissed." I comment as the blindfold tightens around my eyes enough to close the little spots through which I could see.

"It's just makeup Addie."

"Makeup I spent hours doing." I huff as he lets go and turns me around.

"Now that everyone is done, you may let go of your partners and fall in the hands of your new partners." He says the last part in a cheery and dramatic voice as music starts playing loudly though the speakers. Excited laughs reach my ears as women and men start walking around waiting to 'fall in the arms of someone'.

Are we really into the mafia or did we cross a portal into another world?

"Good luck sis." Ezra brushes an affectionate kiss on my cheek and soon I no longer feel his presence.

"Great." I mutter under my breath and turn around hoping I manage to walk off the dance floor without anyone choosing me as their partner. "Watch it!" I say harshly as someone steps on my toes, feeling too pissed to put a lid on the frustration that keeps growing and will soon overflow.

"Sorry." A meek voice says from my right and I feel her move away from me. I wonder how the bystanders felt right now, watching us. I am almost certain we look like a comedy circus to them.

At least some people are having fun.

After various ant-like steps and dozens of crashing into people, I feel someone's hand go around my waist, pulling me against him and causing me to nearly trip on my dress. I nearly let out a squeal as I all but crash against his hard torso. One of my hands grip onto his shoulder while the other curls around his biceps. I feel his muscles tense under my touch as both his hands wrap around my waist, pulling me flush against him. His woody and spice cologne engulfing all my senses. His scent is like a blanket that covers me. The only difference is that I am not feeling suffocated.

His touch feels like its searing my skin. I frown as the unexpected and unfamiliar sensation spreads from my back to all over my body.

"Pleasure to finally meet you Audelia." A deep velvety voice reaches my ears as I move both my hands to his shoulders. His voice is familiar and there is an accent to his words though I cannot not place my fingers on it.