CHAPTER 36

AUDELIA'S POV

Shopping, somehow has always been something that manages to brighten me up. Making purchases makes me happy every single time because I get to choose what I want and what I love. There is this sense of control that I feel.

Besides, it is also a way to pamper- self-care- myself, getting myself what is best for me and nobody can say anything because I am spending my money on me.

On top of it, it gives me a chance to try on new clothes, taking me back to the time when I would play dress-up for hours in front of my mirror as a kid with my mom taking goofy pictures of me.

So, when Valeria informed me that we are going shopping for dresses on the occasion of Ezra's birthday, I was more than ready to go. Though, what I had not expected was the three Italians tagging along with us.

"So, you three are going too?" Valeria asked, eyeing the three men standing in front of us with the same pose- hands stuffed in their front pockets with neutral expressions on their faces.

"I thought you hated shopping." She addresses Giovanni who just shrugs. She lets out a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose. "This was supposed to be a girls' time."

"Change it then." Lorenzo deadpans, erupting a groan from her.

"If you three tag along, we better don't hear any complaints from you." I say firmly, looking at the three.

"Yeah." Valeria supports me. "We don't want to hear that your feet hurt or 'how long do we have to walk?'" She quotes the last part with her hands.

"Or why are we buying this much stuff."

"Or complaining about why you came with us when you could have been doing something else because it was your idea."

"Or that we already have this or that."

"Or we do not need that many of this."

"Or-"

Lucas cuts me off. "We get it. We won't be complaining about anything."

Valeria and I share unsure looks but in the end give up knowing that if we refused them from coming, they would most probably track us and tail behind us the entire time.

Still, we should have known they would complain eventually.

***

"What are you going to do with all of this stuff? You already have so many clothes." Giovanni grumbles, causing Valeria and I to stop.

Turning around, we are met with the sight of Giovanni with several bags in each hand, an irritated yet defeated look on his face as he looks at the bags as if he cannot believe Valeria just bought this many things.

On his side, Lorenzo is no different with multiple bags hanging from his arms, and an irritated look on his face.

The only person having fun among the three is Lucas who stands in the middle of Lorenzo and Giovanni with no bags in his hands. He has his sunglasses on as he sips on the milkshake he bought for himself earlier.

Amused at the sight, I pull out my phone and capture the moment. As I lower my phone, I am met with two scowling men- Giovanni and Lorenzo- while Lucas simply looks like he does not care.

"We told you. We don't want any complaints." Valeria places a hand on her hips. "What part of that did you not get?"

"We got every part of it but we did not know you were going to buy all of this." Giovanni shows us the bags.