CHAPTER 56

AUDELIA'S POV

My eyes open to meet an empty bed, and I cannot help but frown in confusion. It has been a week now since we have been staying at the house of Ava and Dave and they have been welcoming and nice the entire time. A few days ago, they prevented us from leaving since our wounds had not yet been healed completely. Ever since, they have been taking care of us- especially Ava, who reminds me a lot of how my mom use to be whenever I got hurt.

The couple has been extremely caring towards us and despite being strangers, they never treated us like it. They treat us like they would their own kids. Ava always has this bright smile on that can even melt the coldest of hearts, while Dave is always kind and calm with this comforting aura around him. He always keeps us entertained with his plethora of dad jokes.

On the first day, they tried to ask us details about what had happened to us but upon seeing our refusal to do so, they did not try again. If Lorenzo and I did not have to go back to take care of Stefano and Liam, I would gladly give up everything I had over there and live here for the rest of my life or build a house around here for us but unfortunately, we have to leave tomorrow.

A while later, I go to the kitchen where a bubbly Ava is making breakfast, humming a song as she does.

"Good morning, Ava. Do you need any help?"

"Morning dear. Sit down, breakfast is nearly ready." She shoos me with a hand and I let out a small laugh.

"Where are Dave and Xaen?" She places a plate in front of me.

"I don't know." She answers with a smile which looks more like a smirk but I decide to drop it as the smell of delicious pancakes fill my nose.

"Alright. Did they have breakfast yet?"

"Don't worry about them, dear and eat. We have a lot to do."

"What?" I ask, mid chew.

"Since you are leaving tomorrow, Dave and I have decided to host a little party for the four of us. We don't know when we will see you again."

"Ava, you guys do not need to do all of this. You have done so much already."

She dismisses me with a wave of her hand. "You two have let us feel what it is like to have kids over this past week and this is a way to show our gratitude. Besides I just cooked a bunch of things which we will eat outside." She shrugs at the end.

"I promise you, if everything goes according to our plan tomorrow, we will come visit you. Thank you for everything. It really means a lot."

"Eat up." She leaves me on my own to go do her things.

Once I finish eating, I wash the plates and head back to my room. "Where were you and Dave all this time, I was looking for you."

"Missed me?" Lorenzo sends me a wink.

"I don't know how I can stay in the same room with your big ego taking up all the place." I roll my eyes. "Ava left this?" I motion towards the beautiful white dress with floral patterns laying on the bed.

"She says it is your outfit of the day. For the party."

"She surely went a bit extra today. The usual shorts and a shirt would do the job." I shrug.

"We are leaving tomorrow. She wants it to be special." He explains.

"This woman is too sweet." He nods, a small smile on his face.

"Go shower and get ready." He gives me a towel, pressing a light kiss on my nose before ushering me to the bathroom.

"Aren't you going to get ready?" I ask when I emerge from the bathroom.