CHAPTER 12

LORENZO'S POV

Audelia Rose Hernandez- The only thing my mind apparently knows about.

In some twisted way, she has found a way to engrave herself in my mind for the past month. Her emerald eyes are the only thing I see when I close my eyes. No matter how deep I am buried in work or missions, she is always there, in the back of my mind, her voice floating around my head like the sweetest melody.

Ever since the gala took place, she has been messing with my head. I still remember every little detail of that night from the first time I laid eyes on her in her dress hugging her beautiful curves like a glove, her body under my hands while we danced, the faint taste of her lips till the part that our gazes met when we got in our car is all clear in my mind and every word she said has been etched into my memory.

"I don't know what I expected but this," Giovanni speaks as he eyes the building in front of us, stopping me from spiralling down the path where all my thoughts would be consumed by Audelia, "is definitely not one of them."

"What did you expect?" Lucas rolls his eyes. "A fucking castle?"

Frowning, Giovanni answers, "Something a bit more luxurious?"

"They are trying to stay out of our radar Gio. They need a low profile." Lucas reminds him, checking his gun and giving us all our earpieces.

"If I ever have to on a mission like this, I expect a five-star hotel with maximum security Enzo." I shoot him an 'are you serious' look. He shrugs. "Just saying."

"In that case you stay back at the office, behind your computer screen." I say as I adjust the earpiece. "Since you are so afraid of breaking a nail." Lucas snicker beside me as Giovanni looks offended.

"I'll deal with you later." He glares at me.

"Let's get this over with once and for all." I grumble under my breath, looking at the simple two story brick building with a sign hanging over the entrance. It is nothing extra but it serves its purpose. Though, it does not help Igor- the Russian who is in command of all the attacks happening- to stay hidden.

"Everybody in position." I say and we divide into two groups of ten, with me and Giovanni as leaders and a third group of fifteen, Lucas leading it.

"Don't break a nail barbie." Lucas comments as he leads his teams away.

Giovanni huffs, signalling his men to follow him as they go the opposite side, towards the back of the building. As soon as they get in position, they confirm it through our earpieces.

The plan is simple given the little area we have to cover. Lucas and his team are responsible of scouting the outside of the building, in search for anything suspicious or if ever Igor makes it out of the building unnoticed. Giovanni's team will be responsible to be guarding the exits, making sure he cannot escape while my team will be going in Igor's room to pay him a visit.

As we had planned, Giovanni's team scatter around the floors while my team and I head straight for the first floor. Gun held tightly in my hand, I advance towards the room. Faint sound streams through the door and I signal the men to get on both sides of the door. Giovanni had already hacked into the system and got the details about the exact room where he was staying.

I kick the door open, moving in quickly, the others following me. The television fixed on the wall plays a show but the couch is empty. Movement catches my eyes and I turn just in time to see Igor near the window. Our eyes meet and his widens in panic. I aim my gun at him as I register his movements.