6.

"This place is awesome!" I yelled a little too loudly at the sight of Rosey Richard's lavish home on the city's edge. It looked straight out of those old shows on MTV Callan used to make us watch. He liked to stalk celebrities back in the 90s but then again who didn't?

"Shh." Ebony covered my mouth with her hand. "She can't know we are here."

"He is right, though. Look at this place. Is this what selling your soul gets you?" Hayley whispered as we hid in the front garden of her mansion. "I mean....wow!"

"Don't even think about it," Ebony whispered. "Selling your soul to the devil gets you two humans, one demon, and a very loud vampire cowering in your garden while they try to capture your damned soul. Not exactly winning."

"Fhufghduiidy," I mumbled under Ebony's hand on my mouth.

"What?" She said, moving her hand.

"I said, fuck, look at that car!" I pointed to Rosey Richard's shiny red Mustang in the driveway. "That is just classy."

"You don't even have a soul to sell." Ebony laughed.

"Damn." I sulked as I pouted. "I need a pay rise."

"So, how do we do this?" Hayley said, sitting next to me.

"Don't ask me. Ask the demon." I shrugged.

Penny smiled and pouted her lips. "This part is the fun part." She smiled. "I have alerted the hound that the soul has been sighted, and now we wait for it to arrive."

"The what now?" I said, raising my eyebrow sharply.

"The hell hound, silly." Penny giggled. "You're so cute." She pinched my cheek and then kissed it. "So innocent."

"I. Am. Not!" I said, offended.

"He really isn't," Hayley said, shaking her head. "He nearly broke me in half that night we spent together."

I smiled proudly at Penelope. "You could have had that experience." I grinned.

"I still might." She bopped my nose. "Handsome man."

"I told you I was the best she ever had." I smiled at Ebony's face. "Ha!"

"Was he? Truthfully. Was Jake the best you ever had?" Ebony leaned closer to Hayley. "Be honest."

"Well..."

"Hey!" I cut her off. "I swear if you say Vinnie is better..."

"No. It's not necessarily better. It's just.... different." Hayley shrugged.

"Different, how?" Ebony was trying not to laugh as I looked in disbelief at this bullshit coming out of Hayley's mouth. "Please, spare no detail."

"I mean, Vinnie is my husband, and he likes to take his time and tend to everything." She smiled to herself. "He's very into making sure I...feel satisfied."

"And Jake here doesn't." Ebony laughed, hitting my arm. "I knew you were full of shit."

"Oh no, that's not what I meant. I mean, Vinnie is the safe option. He knows what I like, and he gets me there—every time. Jake is like a roller coaster. You are scared to get on at first, but once you do, you can't stop thinking about it. It makes you feel things you only imagined possible, and you become addicted to it. You want to ride it all day long, but you also know that everyone else wants a turn as well. In the end, you find out that the roller coaster doesn't want you like you want it, and so you walk away. You are satisfied, of course, and a little sore. Actually, I was sore for days after him. In a good way, though. Does that make sense?" Hayley looked at the three of us innocently. "I've never told anyone that." She covered her mouth in embarrassment. "That was the moment I realized I needed to sort myself out. I was on a bad path and needed to get some help.."