19.

The kingdom of Noxus was deep underwater, and it was a literal city underwater. There were homes made from driftwood and shells, a school that was full of tiny young mermaids learning the way of the water, and food storage areas where everyone seemed to be helping each other with no pressure or worry. It was like nothing I had ever seen before.

"What do you think?" Bella smiled as she showed me around her hometown proudly.

"What do I think? I think this place is fucking awesome." I couldn't wait to get home and tell Ebony. I wish she was here to see this. She would love this. "Wow. My mind is blown at this place even existing but this? This is epic! Seriously, this is crazy."

"I'm so glad you like it." She smiled. "Come, quickly. Our King wishes to meet you, and then we will celebrate your arrival."

"Celebrate? What are you celebrating? The devil is taking one of you to hell." I was confused. Did they not understand what was happening, or was this a plan to kill us? Am I going to die underwater like a fish?

"This is a great honor for the King's daughter to be chosen. Her sacrifice will provide us with safety and peace for generations to come. She is honored to be the devil's wife." Ok. This chic is fucking crazy! Damn it, all the pretty ones are crazy. Even underwater apparently. "You will meet her shorty, and she will tell you the same."

"You are all going to let her go to hell without a fight?" I just couldn't believe it. "To HELL?! You know what He'll is right? It's not a fucking day spa! It's....HELL!!"

"We are thrilled and honored that she gets this great honor. She is protecting her world." Bella was shocked at my reaction. "The princess is protecting her people by choice and how dare you think otherwise." She was becoming defensive about something she knows nothing about and I know from experience, when it comes to arguing with the crazy ones... DON'T! They will just bite you in the ass and I mean that literally. Trust me.

"You know what? I don't care. This makes my job easier, so sure, I'll agree it's a great honor to be taken away from everything and everyone you know and love. Hell is great." I gave her the thumbs up sarcastically, but luckily mermaids don't get what that is.

"You will meet her, and she will assure you. She is happy to do this for her people." Bella smiled at me like this sentence gave me all the answers I needed. I decided to pick my battles and leave it alone. If this crazy princess wants to sacrifice her life, who am I to argue? Yeah, slow and painful death.

I suddenly felt someone grab my hand, and I turned to see Bianca in a complete panic. She was flapping her arms about in the water frantically and seemed to be holding her breath like she needed to breathe down here. "Woah. Calm down, what's wrong?"

"I can't be here. I need to get out of here." She pleaded with me as her eyes screamed fear. "Please." She squeezed my hand tighter. "I need to get out of here."

"Why? What happened?" I took both her hands in mine as she looked around frantically. "Hey, hey, look at me. What happened." I took her face in my hands gently and smiled softly at her. "Look at me and calm down." I ran my hands through her long dark floating hair. "It's ok."

"It's not ok, Jake. I'm a fucking fire demon. I don't belong in the water. I'm weak down here. I'm nothing without my powers. I can't be here. Help me." She was having a panic attack and she was scared, and she was about to do something stupid to get out of there. I couldn't let her do that. We are so close to getting this princess and out of here. She can't fuck this up now.